Xcode Crashes When Trying to View USDZ file

I'm on a Mac mini M1, Big Sur 11.1, Xcode 12.

I can add the USDZ file to the hierarchy with no issue, but as soon as I click it, the program crashes. Thereafter, every time I attempt to reopen the program, it immediately crashes. I have to delete the USDZ file from its location on the hard drive, and then I can open the Xcode project and delete the reference to the missing USDZ file. I've tried different USDZ files, and the exact same behavior each time. I've found a couple of vague references to this happening in conjunction with other issues, but nothing that seems to directly related to fixing this problem.

Replies

Same issue here. Running an M1 Chip on the latest Big Sur on Xcode 12. Even when I open up a USDZ file, if Xcode is open, it will automatically crash. Cannot work with any of the reality kit objects due to this bug. Hope it is fixed soon as I just got this Mac specifically for MR Development. Gonna try a different version of Xcode and will report back .
I'm also having problems with SCN files. I was able to see the standard demo ship.scn fine at first, then I clicked run to see what would happen and my view screen of the model went completely solid, a hot pink, and the ship model was gone. I've now tried importing a re-downloaded ship.scn file, a completely different .scn file, and a .dae file to convert, and each time I can see the hierarchy of the models but in the view screen, nothing is shown except the hot pink background for all of them. However, Xcode is not crashing as it does with USZD files. Seems like there may be problems with model handling....?
Exact same problem here with previewing imported USDZ files in Xcode. Macbook Air M1. Version 12.3 (12C33)
Same here. M1 Mac Book Pro. 🤬
Same issue here, I have M1 chip, also with USDPython 0.64 I am having several issues with env variables and PYTHON PATH
Me too, Let me know if you have any solution.
Me too. Mac book pro M1.
P.S.
Launching with Rosetta helps.