"This offer has expired" for all generated offer codes

Hello,

On a monthly auto renewable subscription offer I have generated 500 offer codes giving 1 month free for all users redeeming it (new, active and expired subscribers).

However, when I redeem any of the codes generated typing it in the App Store redeem code page or clicking on the offer code url (For example: https://apps.apple.com/redeem?ctx=offercodes&id=1483756186&code=RETFMAA8ET4JRKNZ00). it says the offer has expired everytime.

I have generated these codes today and the expiration date is set to 01/31/2021.

I have read again and again the documentation but can't find any mistake I could have made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • I am waiting for 24 hours by now but still getting same "expired" error. Surprised, such a simple thing isn't implemented correctly still.

• Simple thing made untestable and with extremely poor DX. Also, the fact that their goto response is to ask us to test in production environment. smh

• Update: I tried the next day and the same offer code is now working. So it takes some time for the offer code to get activated/processed/ready-for-use whatever, but there is absolutely 0 indication of this on the appstoreconnect.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi,
Did you find a solution for this? Im testing and get the same message. I wonder if it will work when our app goes live.
Hi,
I'm having the exact same problem. I cannot redeem any offer codes in Sandbox environment.

Hi. We added this feature, but discovering the same problem. Any solution or answers?
Or its just dosent work at all?
We implemented and had the same issue.

After a period of time, the codes started working.

Could there may be an implementation window?

Hi we're struggling with the same issue. What was the period of time you waited before the codes became valid?

Thanks!
Seems like codes started working after some period of time.

I had to wait for 7 hours before I could use newly created codes.
After three days, my codes are showing always the error "this offer has already expired”. I've tried to generate codes in different ways, but always same error message.
Mine changed from "already expired" to working after waiting a day. Of course it gave an extra free month as a "trial" and can't figure out why, but that's another thread. :)
Do you think is an Apple "problem"? Because i've followed instructions read on documentation to create offer codes

Hi I'm struggling with the same issue. Have any one find any solution for this ?

I am also experiencing this so. Has anyone found a solution yet?

It turns out that there is no support in the sandbox environment for the testing of offer codes. However, in the sandbox environment, you can verify that offer codes will work in your production app.

The test user account must have already purchased an auto-renewing subscription in your app. After the fifth renewal, the subscription will stop renewing. Enter the Settings app -> App Store - SANDBOX ACCOUNT -> Manage to restart the sandbox subscription for the test user account. This will create a transaction item on the app's transaction queue which will be detected by the app when the transactionObserver queries the sandbox app store. If the subscription is re-enabled, then you should have confidence that the offer code process will work in the production environment. The successful redemption of an offer code results in the App Store placing a queued transaction on the transactionQueue for the app.

rich kubota developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

• Thanks for your answer Rich. I just want to say this is a pathetic development experience, but I expect nothing more from AppStore technical team. Can you kindly convey this to your tech team and ask them to allow us to test in Sandbox environment.

Add a Comment

My customers are suddenly getting this message in production. Some have previously downloaded my app, others are new. The codes are two months old and still active for another month, and I generated new codes set to expire in Dec 2021 (4 months), yet the same message. Anyone figure this out?

Having the same issue, did anyone figure it out ?

• hi, i got the same error, i saw you present the message last year, so, i think you must have already solve it, could you tell me how do you solve this problem

Add a Comment

In my case, it was a combination of bad timing and tax code changes. My codes expired after Sep 1, 2021 when new tax codes went into effect. First, I had to renew my Tax and Banking Agreements, then wait for Apple's ill-timed maintenance to complete for my changes to be accepted. Then, I had to update my banking information because for whatever reason it was cleared. However, the edit button was disabled, so I needed to modify the HTML (Dev tools) to first enable the button. Then I made my changes and submitted. Very stupid.