M1 System Extension Cache Rebuilding Loop

This is on an M1 MacBook Pro running 11.1b1.
I installed an Extension from Rogue Amoeba to support their App Suite.
  • Boot into recovery to set system policy to allow user permission of extensions

• Reboot and install extension

• Allow Extension in Preferences > Security panel

• Allow rebuild and restart.

It comes up with an endless loop of failure due to an Extension from Apple Inc. !

The Rogue Amoeba extension loads fine.

Any ideas?
  • I've had a similar problem installing the latest version of WD desktop application on Big Sur M1. It kept endlessly looping between restart and approve security. started regretting the WD upgrade. Finally, the problem Resolved immediately after updating to Monterey.

Add a Comment

Replies

HI, sorry I cannot help you solving the issue, but

I am running into same issue installing NORDLOCKER (

I also come in a loop were the systemextension is constantly blocked in the privacy screen

Nordlocker engineers are looking into it since Nov.

IN the mean time I am X beta releases further both from MacOS as well as Nordlocker
but still not solved
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Teus Down vote reply of Teus
I'm having a similar issue trying to get Google Drive File stream installed.
I had to enable the user management of system extensions but now every time I try to allow the google extension and reboot it comes up with this error.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of AC_T Down vote reply of AC_T
I encountered the same issue of Google Drive too
I am also facing this issue with Google Drive. Endless loop of rebuild and restart.
Also having the same issue with Drive for desktop on M1 Macbook pro - any ideas?
Same for me with Google Drive. Only way to get out of the loop was to uncheck the permission and abort the Google Drive install.
I got it to work on an M1 MacBook Pro but I can't get it to work on two different M1 Mac Mini's. All of them are running the latest version of Big Sur. The Mini's have the system extension loop :(
Having the same issue with Google Drive on M1 MacBook Pro
Works with the 11.3 Beta 5 that was released yesterday on a M1 MBP.
Same problem here win MacBook M1 2020, MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91), and Google Drive.

Upgrading to 11.2.3 fixed a similar problem I had with an update from Apple Inc, which was listed together with the one for Google Drive, now the one from Apple ha gone, but the one from Google remains in endless "give permission/reboot(/give permission/reboot" loop.
Google Drive issue didn't get fixed installing MacOS Big Sur 11.3 Beta 7 today, the only difference is now Google Drive ask to be approved at "Privacy and Security" but there is no option there to approve it anymore. Before installing the beta version, I was in an endless loop where I could see the option to approve the system extension, then asked to reboot, then asked to approve it, approve it, reboot, asked to approve....

Now I get asked by Google Drive to enter system preferences to approve the system extension, but there is no option to approve it.

Neither before not now, Google Drive works anymore.
I've had to mount Google Drive from an external computer. That has a lot of drawbacks. Would love for this to finally get fixed on the M1 Macs
I've had my M1 Mac for more than 6 months now and still can't from it as I need to. This Google Drive and Parallels issue is a real sticking point.

Would love for these issues to finally get fixed on the M1 Macs.
Same problem from yesterday after reboot with Google Drive permission loop. No luck. M1 Air.
Same issue here. Endless loop on M1 Mac Mini.