The promo code for the following could not be generated. Try generating it again.

I'm trying to generate promo codes to remove ads within my app but i keep getting this error.
Anyone else has this issue?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ItzikHan Down vote post of ItzikHan
1.7k views

Replies

Yep I'm getting errors right now for promo code generation for both iOS apps and IAPs.

For apps I get: We're have trouble generating the codes. Please contact App Store Developer Support for assistance.

For IAPs I get same as OP: Promo codes for the following could not be generated. Try generating them again. (followed by a bullet list of my IAPs that I tried to generate codes for)

Same here! When I'm trying to generate promo codes for IAPs I get: Promo codes for the following could not be generated. Try generating them again.

This issue started yesterday for me or at least I noticed it yesterday morning.

I contacted the support and they told me to send more info to escalate the problem.
We have the same problem since yesterday. We can't generate any promo codes (premium apps and in-app purchases). We have contacted Apple Support but haven't received a reply yet.
Seems to be working now for me. Spent quite a long time on the "generating codes..." spiny thing, but it got there eventually!

Getting the same error message right now: "The promo code for the following could not be generated. Try generating it again."

Again, this seems to be an issue:

The promo code for the following could not be generated. Try generating it again.

Just noticed that the last comment on this thread is also from me, 5 month ago. It seemed to have fixed itself somehow, but now this issue is back!

Just wanted to share my experience:

• Tried generating a promo code, didn't work.
  • Tried generating again immediately after, still didn't work.
  • Tried a third time—worked.

So I guess the moral of the story is... just keep trying.

App Store Connect surprises me in new ways every day.

I've been trying to do this since yesterday and it keeps failing