Testing an App Clip as a non-developer

I have been piecing together information from various official articles, blog posts and developer forum posts about how to test App Clips as a non-developer.

My understanding is that the only way for a non-developer to test App Clips is via the (up to) three experiences configured in TestFlight.

Is it correct that there is therefore no way for a non-developer to do any of the following:
  • Test invoking an App Clip via a QR code or NFC tag

• Observe an App Clip Card of an App Clip under development

• Test the behaviour of an App Clip invocation on the full app

Replies

Testing the AppClip experience via QR Code is simple - you need to either encode an NFC tag or create a QR Code with the URL of an AppClip someone else provides, such as the one from waterminder.com
Hi @fukybro,

Basically you are correct. There is NO WAY for a non-developer to test the full App Clip life cycle, when the app is not published yet.

Test invoking an App Clip via a QR code or NFC tag - only a developer can do through local experiences while connected to Xcode dev environment

Observe an App Clip Card of an App Clip under development - only a developer can do through local experiences while connected to Xcode dev environment

Test the behaviour of an App Clip invocation on the full app - not sure what this is. Do you mean using an invocation (e.g. scanning a QR code) while the parent app is already installed? This is a good question actually, never tested. But I believe the answer is still no.