Can't add localized info to our app

When we try to add localized info (what's new, description, etc.) we get a whole bunch of errors:
  • Japanese The app name you entered is already being used for another app in your account. If you would like to use the name for this app you will need to submit an update to your other app to change the name, or remove it from App Store Connect.

• Japanese Description couldn’t be saved because another field in this localization is invalid.

• Japanese Keywords couldn’t be saved because another field in this localization is invalid.

• Japanese Marketing URL couldn’t be saved because another field in this localization is invalid.

• Japanese Promotional Text couldn’t be saved because another field in this localization is invalid.

• Japanese Support URL couldn’t be saved because another field in this localization is invalid.

• Japanese What's New in This Version couldn’t be saved because another field in this localization is invalid.

We have 2 versions of the app on the store, iOS & macOS. Both have the same name, because they're the same app. They predate the ability to add Universal versions of iOS/macOS apps. Could this be the cause of the error? We really don't want to have to change the name of either of them.

Replies

I should add/clarify that both of these apps are already for sale on the store. We are NOT trying to change anything under "App Information" – like the localizable name. We want that to stay as-is. All we're trying to do now is add localized copy for the stuff in the update: What's new, promotional text, description, etc.
  • We are having this same issue. We are trying to add localized copy for our Mac Catalyst app in two new languages in App Store Connect (What's new, promotional text, description, etc.), but we get the exact same messages, with "The app name you entered is already being used for another app in your account" being the critical blocker. How can this be resolved?

Add a Comment

Hello there, I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution for this? Thanks

For this to work, you have to change the name of the app, in the localised language. For example, if the Name of your app is XYZ, under app info for the localisation, the app name should be different, it cant be XYZ. It's crazy, but if you change it, you can submit the localisation for review. I added a Dot at the end of my app name and it worked.