Using the Reality Converter to convert an fbx file to usdz

After trying to convert a fbx file to usdz using the reality converter, it gave an error, telling me to install FBX SDK. After successfully doing so, it is still giving me the same error. Has anybody ever encountered this before, and is there a way to fix it?
I'm trying to do the same and running into the same problem. Anyone have a solution?
Same problem here. Has anyone been able to convert FBX to USD?
I had the same message, but succeeded to get it working by installing the FBX Python Bindings.
I'm encountering the same issue! I've even installed the FBX Python Bindings. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same error when I import an FBX model. Has anyone found a solution?? Thanks!
Same problem here, even after I have installed the newest version FBX Python Bindings (FBX SDK 2020.2 Python Bindings).

follow_up: I have installed the following packages and the issue is gone:
  1. FBX Python SDK 2020.0.1

2. FBX SDK 2020.2

3. FBXPythonBindings 2020.2

@ARtsunami_z Installing the older version of the FBX Python SDK did the trick for me too, thanks!
Hi @ARtsunami_z , Hi Blau Magier,

Could you post the links for the download for
FBX Python SDK 2020.0.1
FBX SDK 2020.2
FBXPythonBindings 2020.2

or which USDZ tools Download from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/?=USDPython contain these versions, if any?

Thank you,
The three Autodesk FBX SDK's are at:

The Bot won't let me include the link! They are at autodesk website. Autodesk FBX Software Developer Kit
@ARtsunami_z 

Where did you get FBX SDK 2020.2 and FBXPythonBindings 2020.2? On the Autodesk website there's only an option to download the older versions, FBX SDK 2020.0.1 and FBXPythonBindings 2020.0.1

I installed all 3 packages that are currently available from Autodesk and still getting the "Missing FBX Python" error.
@Husam2020

I had the same issue "Missing FBX Python" with 2020 FBX SDK on M1 Mac.
I solved the problem after I installed 2019.5 FBX SDK, FBX Python Bindings.

I've been following this tread for months. Nothing works for me. Installing all three packages installed in any order, restarting and upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur and various Big Sur beta versions still did not fix this for me.

Late 2019 MacBook Pro, currently running Mac OS 11.3.1
Had the same problem. Download all the 2020 SDK and Python Bindings didn't worked out for me. But after I installed the 2019.5 SDK (Clang) and 2019.5 Python Bindings, I was able to get it running. Works now with 2020 as well as older FBX Version files.

Did also install the USDPython 0.64 SDK in advance, but not sure if this is even relevant.

The only thing I still have problem with is the right mapping of the UV. Importing FBX with textures does not map them right like it did in the 3D modelling software. Removing and adding a texture manually in Reality Composer fixes the mapping for the UV. Must be an error while converting FBX to USDZ.

MacBook Pro, Late 2013, Mac OS 11.2.3
For what it's worth: I only got it working after installing everything off of…

autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-sdk-2020-0

No idea which did the trick. But just the bindings sure didn't.
Same problem. Download all the 2020 SDK and Python Bindings didn't worked out for me. But after I installed the 2019.5 SDK (Clang) and 2019.5 Python Bindings, I was able to get it running. macOS Big Sur 11.4 beta (20F5046g)

...SOLUTION...

Hi,

im running Big Sur 11.4 on an M1. I installed everything from the Autodesk page Reality Composer is linking to. But it didn't work.

this worked. https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-sdk-2020-0

Mac FBX Python SDK Mac

i don't know if you need anything from here but since I installed everything first you can do it second if the above not works on its own. https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-sdk-2020-2-1 i

Having these same issues on macOS Monterey 12.1, anyone have any luck?

I have downloaded all 2019 and 2020 SDKs from AutoDesk as I see that there are mixed reviews about one working over the other.

I still get error: Conversion failed: 1 Error ... however it doesn't give any info on what the error is anywhere

I solved this problem by installing sole FBX Python SDK 2020.0.1 package from https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-sdk-2020-0 and it solved the issue. All other packages that I installed:

• com.autodesk.fbxpythonbindings202001
  • com.autodesk.fbxsdkext202001

And after I uninstalled all unused packages with pkgutil I still can import FBX models.

Using the Reality Converter to convert an fbx file to usdz

Q