SMB shares broken

I am running Big Sur beta 10. after upgrading my system to Big Sur, I lost the ability to connect to existing smb shares on both my windows server and linux RPI machines.

Is there a work-around or an ETA when this might be restored?

I have tried the usual "Connect to a server" method and and the cli smb mount method.
Thanks
Broken here too on beta 10.
Code Block
/usr/bin/kmutil load -p /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext

and
Code Block
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext

do not fix it for me.

The error: There was a problem connecting to the server.

From the console:
Code Block
error 15:22:25.772855-0700 sharingd SDNetworkResolver: handleMountCallBack returned -50
error 15:22:25.778284-0700 kernel Sandbox: bird(341) deny(1) file-read-data /Users/xxxxxx

Try the following:

sudo /usr/libexec/configureLocalKDC

It has fixed file sharing for me in the betas. Someone else posted it before and it's referenced as a fix for a similar issue in a security update for macOS 10.13:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208317
No luck Scimon , it behaves as before. Thanks though...
It's working fine with the new beta.
Hi

I have same problem
MacOS Big Sur beta 10 (20A5395g)
smbfs.kext driver already loaded.

error report that:
kernel smb2sessionmaxread: Limit max read quantum size to maxmsgsize <1048576>

Any workaround?, thanks.

This has been broken for me on three separate occasions. The kextload trick fixed it the first time, but these last two times (last on RC2) I was seeing this in Console:

Code Block
realpath for /private/var/db/mds/messages/501/se_SecurityMessages failed: 2

And these commands fixed it:

Code Block
sudo mkdir -p /private/var/db/mds/messages/501/se_SecurityMessages
sudo chown {my username} /private/var/db/mds/messages/501/se_SecurityMessages

I have no idea why that folder was missing from my startup disk, nor why mds wouldn't automatically recreate it. The moment I ran that second command, though, the SMB share mounted immediately.
The SMB share works for a few hours and then after that, you can see the shared Mac but none of the folders show up. If I toggle the File Sharing off and on, the shares come back but then a few hours later, they stop working again. Does anyone have a fix for this with Big Sur? Everything worked fine in Catalina. This is from a clean install of Big Sur too.
请尝试以下操作:

sudo / usr / libexec / configureLocalKDC

它在Beta中为我提供了固定的文件共享。之前有人将其发布,并且在macOS 10.13的安全更新中被引用为针对类似问题的修复程序:https :

//support.apple.com/zh-cn/HT208317

The SMB shared file has been executed at the terminal but cannot be accessed using a linked server
I just encountered this issue on a fresh format-and-install (not an upgrade) of the public release of 11.1 on a round Mac Pro; when I'd try to connect to either smb:// or afp:// network shares, it would first show the warning dialog asking me if I wanted to connect, then when I clicked Continue, the "Connecting" dialog would sit there forever with the KITT/Cylon animation, never prompting for credentials or connecting.

I tried the kextload to no avail.

@bombich nailed the solution in this very thread, which is apparently still an issue in 11.1, wow.
Just found the same problem, I was getting permission denied when I tried to connect from my laptop to my iMac shared folders

My setup:
iMac 2020 27", Big Sur 11.1
Macbook Air 2015, Big Sur 11.1

I entered those two commands from this thread
/usr/bin/kmutil load -p /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext

And now it's working and can connect from my mac air to the sharing folders in my iMac.

Thank you for the solution.
I am on a MacBook Pro 2018 running Big Sur 11.2.1. I just updated it and have lost the ability for the other Macs in the house to connect to me. I am the only one running Big Sur. I have copied and pasted the commands given and it isn't working.

Loading kext, running chown on se_SecurityMessages did not fix mount_smbfs for me on Big Sur 11.6. Always unknown error.

SMB shares broken

Q