Can't sign in in Xcode: "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application."

Hello, I'm on the release version of Xcode 12 (12A7209) and on the Big Sur Beta (20A5364e).

I'm trying to sign in into Xcode adding my Apple ID account but everytime i go to

Preferences->Accounts->"+"->Apple ID

A message is shown telling me that:

"Couldn’t communicate with a helper application. Try your operation again. If that fails, quit and relaunch the application and try again."

I tried everything I could find online but nothing worked yet.

Thanks

Replies

...on the release version of Xcode 12 (12A7209)

Might want to note this from the Xcode 12 GM (12A7209) download blurb...

"For development on macOS Big Sur or to support Apple silicon, continue to use Xcode 12 beta 6."
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT
I have to try Xcode 12 beta 6, but I forgot to mention that I tried the same thing on the Xcode 12 beta 5 and it gave me the same error. I'll try Beta 6 later tonight.

Same problem here. It happens on Xcode 12, XCode 12.2 beta 2 and Xcode 11.3.1. Have the latest Big Sur beta. Very critical as it's not allowing me to test apps on devices.
Same problem here
Any resolution on this? Wondering if any of you have re-signed your xcode for running xvim2?
@patniemeyer - I re-codesigned Xcode for XVim and have landed on this page. Not sure how to reverse the code signing so guess I will just download Xcode and try again.
@patniemeyer Reinstalling the original Xcode without the self-codesign makes it work again for me
Same issue. I ran the Xvim code sign tutorial and now I am getting the error listed above.
Same problem here. I need XVim and signed-in account in XCode at the same time, how can I solve this problem since I need both?
This is a BigSur problem. If you self-sign Xcode, the Xcode login certificate will become invalid. However, some plug-in tools are not feasible to extension due to the open API issue. Overall, Xcode is a disappointment Products.
The problem occurs when you re-sign your xcode App so you can use xvim.
Revert to freshly downloaded xcode, and the problem will go away.

If you want to continue to use xvim, there is a work-around. See:

https://github.com/XVimProject/XVim2/issues/340

if you have Wakatime installed, try to uninstall.