How can I get current App clip size?

I've tried to reduce my app clip time serveral times, but still got the error, but I don't know app clip's actual size.

Code Block language
ITMS-90865: Thinned app clip size is too large - The universal variant app clip /Payload/MyApp.app exceeds the maximum allowable size of 10MB. For details about app thinning, see: https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/devbbdc5ce4f.

Is there any way that I can get current app clip size, so our team can choose which feature to cut.

Thanks

Accepted Reply

I am going to point you to the Creating an App Clip with Xcode documentation, specifically, the Keep Your App Clip Small in Size section. This section has a great tip for for exporting your App Clip from Xcode, and how to see the App Clip's uncompressed size.

Succinctly, you can export your App Clip by "archiv[ing] the app clip’s corresponding app, open the Organizer window, select the archive, and click Distribute App." Then, you can "[e]xport the app clip as an Ad Hoc or Development build with App Thinning and Rebuild from Bitcode enabled."

Upon exporting, in the output folder you chose to export to, you will see a Thinning Size Report.txt file. This file will include the uncompressed size of the App Clip, which you can use as a guide for trying to ensure your App Clip fits under 10MB.

Replies

I am going to point you to the Creating an App Clip with Xcode documentation, specifically, the Keep Your App Clip Small in Size section. This section has a great tip for for exporting your App Clip from Xcode, and how to see the App Clip's uncompressed size.

Succinctly, you can export your App Clip by "archiv[ing] the app clip’s corresponding app, open the Organizer window, select the archive, and click Distribute App." Then, you can "[e]xport the app clip as an Ad Hoc or Development build with App Thinning and Rebuild from Bitcode enabled."

Upon exporting, in the output folder you chose to export to, you will see a Thinning Size Report.txt file. This file will include the uncompressed size of the App Clip, which you can use as a guide for trying to ensure your App Clip fits under 10MB.

I am going to point you to the Creating an App Clip with Xcode documentation, specifically, the Keep Your App Clip Small in Size section. This section has a great tip for for exporting your App Clip from Xcode, and how to see the App Clip's uncompressed size.

Upon exporting, in the output folder you chose to export to, you will see a Thinning Size Report.txt file. This file will include the uncompressed size of the App Clip, which you can use as a guide for trying to ensure your App Clip fits under 10MB.

Thanks very much, I tried to unzip and see there is a resource bundle be packed to app clip, that cause to problem,it uploaded to itunes connect successfully after removing it.

Now I am trying looking at the linkmap file and try to remove some big classes.

Many thinks for your reply.

I am having a similar issue with my App Clip. I have the report and every variant's uncompressed size id under 10 MB except for the universal one. Is there any particular reason why the universal variant would be 5x larger than the other variants?
  • Did you figure it out ? I m stuck with only universal variant being too big

• the difference is due to the assets tagged as universal in my asset catalog, so not counting for specific variant size but indeed calculated in universal...

Add a Comment