Xcode 12b6 can't launch app on BigSur b6

I'm running Xcode 12 beta 6 on a DTK machine and just upgraded to Big Sur beta 6 released today. When I build and run my Catalyst app for Mac, it fails with

Code Block
The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10670.)

In the detail panel, I get
Code Block
Details
The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10670.)
Domain: NSOSStatusErrorDomain
Code: -10670
User Info: {
"_LSFunction" = "_LSOpenStuffCallLocal";
"_LSLine" = 3664;
}
--
System Information
macOS Version 11.0 (Build 20A5364e)
Xcode 12.0 (17210.1)

I've tried a number of things -- rebooting, reinstalling the command line tools, making sure xcode-select points to the right place. I'm stumped. The app runs as expected under the simulator.

This change occurred this afternoon with the install of Big Sur beta 6 upgrading from beta 5.

Any pointers appreciated!

thanks,
jay

Replies

I'm seeing the same thing here as well.

I saw this before with Big Sur b5 and a previous seed of Xcode 12 so I'm hoping that Xcode 12 b7 is released quickly with the needed updates to fix the issue.
Same issue on a MacBookPro after upgrading to Big Sur beta 6. No solution found
Seeing the same. Wondering if this in Xcode 12 Beta 6 Release Notes (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-12-beta-release-notes) could be the cause:-

A Mac Catalyst app signed to run locally on macOS may fail to run with the Mac (Rosetta) run destination. (64421496)

🤔

UPDATE: It's also in Big Sur Beta 6 Release Notes under Xcode Known Issues :-

You're currently unable to launch Mac Catalyst and iOS apps using Xcode. (67356581)

So, I guess that settles it for now.

Xcode works for me, but any of my own apps won't launch with this error.

I have tried targeting Rosetta, MyMac, and local. I am code signing with a dev cert (Not run local).

I am having the same issue, but I'm getting a different error code - 10810.

I'm trying to update a traditional Mac App. I can't get the application to launch from Xcode, but if I open the Finder and double-click the software opens like it should. From there, I can attach to the process in Xcode. This allows me to keep working, but I'd like to find a real solution to the problem.

Has anyone gotten any other insights into fix or work-around?