Issue with copy paste on Big Sur beta.

I am unable to copy and paste stuff from my iPhone to my Mac, however I can from my Mac to my iPhone. This is frustrating as I have an authenticator I use for a dozen or so work applications and I miss being able to copy from my phone to Mac. Yes I have tried to disable and re-enable handoff on both devices, rebooted, nada.

Replies

In my case they happen the other way around, I can't put the things I copy from Big Sur to the iPhone, but I can copy from the iPhone / iPad to Big Sur
I am having the exact same problem as the OP even with Big Sur 11.0.1 that was just released to developers today. I can copy and paste from my Mac to my iPhone, but not the other way around.

Same complaint. I copy and paste with my authenticator app which I can’t do anymore.
The same with me. I've tried to logoff the iCloud accounts, turn off handoff, restart, log in again, turn on handoff, restart in all devices and back to work for me.
I updated my iMAC yesterday to macOS Big Sur version 11.01 and now I've found that copy doesn't work in Finder and since copy doesn't work there is no paste option.

The only place this does work is in a text box or terminal. What is the fix? I spent over an hour on the telephone to Apple support yesterday with no solution.
in my case I can't do neither way... come on Sur...
Same problem
Similar to maicololiveira who posted 11/13/2020, I turned disabled Handoff in macOS System Preferences --> General, logged out, and shut down my Mac. I then also disabled Handoff on my iPhone in Settings --> General --> AirPlay & Handoff.

Then restarted the Mac, logged in, enabled Handoff, and then reenabled it on my iPhone. That solved it for me.

Best of luck!!
Same problem.
I had this same issue after updating to Big Sur, and found a fix. I just opened my bluetooth settings on my Mac, and paired with my iPhone. After that, the copy and paste function started working.

Looks like it is not automatically pairing after the update for some reason.

Not sure if this is a permanent fix as it seemed to disconnect after some time.

• The solution posted by repicheep05 (Open Bluetooth and pair it with iPhone) worked for me.

Add a Comment
I am having the very same issue. Disabling / Enabling handoff etc do not solve it. Even tried it with different WLAN systems to make sure its not a WLAN issue. It is not.

Issue has been elevated and ticket written for my case. I think users should lock this with support. It does not seem to have the attention (yet) that it deserves.
I was beating my head against the wall as I'm constantly screen grabbing and pasting into Notability on my iPad...disabled Handoff all around, rebooted all, everything works for me. 2019 16" rMBP, 2018 Mac Mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9, iPhone XS Max. All are back to fully functional, so thank you!
Same here, hugolrf, even when I am signed in to all devices with the same ID. It's driving me crazy.
Same here, nothing work.
It works one way only, Mac --> iPhone.
Doesn't work the other way which is much more important for me.
What the hell Apple?
What is really bizarre to me is that I followed the steps (disable handoff, sign out of iCloud etc) - and still in chrome 88.0 and big sur 11.1 - edit > command+C copy (and paste V) are disabled (greyed out in the drop down from edit) but the shortcuts still work?!?! Nuts. I have also been able to get around this annoying issue by doing a right-click on some parts of selected text to allow copy.