iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
151k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Good evening everybody.
I have an iPhone 11 Pro and have updated it with IOS 14.4.2 too, on the day of its release. Since then I get SIM Failure messages and therefore can’t connect to my carrier. I have tried to reboot or use the default network settings but the issue remains. My SIM works in a different phone so I believe the 14.4.2 version is at fault. I hope a fix for this very annoying problem is being worked on.
Would anyone have another solution in mind? Thanks.
Hi Everyone,

I had the issue of not being able to use voice, cellular data & WiFi on Iphone 12 pro, IOS 14.4.1, carrier - Visible. Problem started after I flew back into the USA. Tried all the usual steps like resetting network settings, deleting Nord VPN App, pulling out the SIM and rebooting which suddenly got the WiFi and voice calls to work. To get Cellular data working , I tried to toggle between the 5G and 4G cellular data options, filed a complain with carrier, updated to IOS 14.2.2; none of which worked. 2 days later digging into every setting on the phone, I found a profile “unlockit.co.nz” under General > Profiles & Device Management. Couldn’t find this on my other iPhone so I deleted the profile and rebooted the phone. And cellular data started working!

Hope this helps!
  • It worked for me!! I found a profile called Vodafone for mobile data or something, I deleted it and everything works again! Thank you SwatiNam!!

Add a Comment
IOS 14.4 iphone 11 pro not picking up to LTE. Prefers 3G even though my other iphone is always LTE in the same place. Please fix this ASAP. I suggest at least to have a way to force the phone just to LTE for data.
A couple of days after upgrading iPhone 7 to 14.4.2 I lost phone connection, continual searching for a signal. Sim was ok in an older phone (old SE also with 14.4.2!).

I tried most things mentioned here: Couldn't try going to 4G since Cellular said it was in Error. Couldn't reset network settings (just froze). Couldn't restore to earlier iOS (unsigned). Deleted VPN apps, reboot, toggling airplane mode. Nothing worked.

I upgraded to 14.5 beta 7 and it's back! (I immediately went to 4G just in case! And switched off auto update!)

With 14.4.2 it took a couple of days before I lost the signal permanently, perhaps after driving around(?). So I might lose it again.

I am having the same issue.
Upgraded to 14.4.2 OS today morning. Since then my mobile is not receiving signal.
Always searches for signal and some times throws error saying "Your iPhone cannot make and receive calls or access mobile data until it has been updated".

Anyone has any solution for this?
My ip7 work well with ios 13.xx. When i upgrade it to ios 14.4 , it have "no service" error . Then i reboot it to ios 14.5 beta . It have signal but only last 1 day and then i upgrade it to 14.5 rc it have signal for just a couple hours. Now i am waitting for the last 14.5 to fix the error. I have try all the ways like reset network, reset phone, turn airplane mode on/off, delete vpn ,...
Update: Lost signal again after a week or two. Changing iOS didn't help this time. I suspect it was associated with me travelling with the phone, in and out of areas with a signal.
ios 14.5.1 didnt change anything about network. Very2 annoying about this problem. Hard to get network , and impossible to get LTE since september 2020. This is last time i buy iphone, no ios anymore ! Apple should read this !
Same damn issue with iPhone 11 Pro.
Finally found a solution for flucking lte!

Specifically for my SIM Mobile Data Network APN settings were not fetched automatically for some reason.
After setting them manually lte works as it should.

Settings -> Mobile Data -> Mobile Data Network -> APN
For all APN fields set internet
I've installed iOS 14.5.1 on my iPhone 8 plus and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have an Android phone, and my sim card works well with it. 

I tried many things like:
Turn off/on cellular data
Turn off/on airplane mode
Turn off/on roaming
Hard reboot
Soft reboot 
Reset network setting 
Reset all settings
Erase all contents and settings

Same issues

Do you have any idea how to fix it?
iPhone7 iOS 14.5.1.
Since updating to iOS 14 my phone has annoying things as well.
I thought that my phone is damaged but found this thread.
Hope there's new firmware update soon.
  • Calls: Voice or any OTT apps

Calls-in or Calls-out: Connected but cannot hear any sound or talk
, some times i can hear crackling radio sounds
,when press Volume Up/Down it takes a while to apply and show volume icon on the screen, looks like the phone is checking something
,nothing you can do with speaker phone
,some said that you can make calls using bluetooth device but it's not my case, bluetooth headset does not help.
,Voice Memo app cannot record any sound, press Record button then app auto stop recording and save a record of 00:00 length.
> Restart phone may help some times but it happens all over again
> Reset with Volume Down + Power does not help as well
> Erase Alls. I'm backing up ~80GB of photo data then i will try to erase and reset all to see if it solve the problem.
  • Camera: cannot capture Pictures or Videos

, there's a flickering as if phone is already captured the picture but then no picture was saved.
, some times can take picture but you cannot focus
> Reset phone could help but then it happen again and again.
It's really mad when you need to capture something and the phone is malfunction.
  • Phone is really hot when using.

,Battery drain fast when using Wi-Fi or LTE the same, especially when connecting using VPN
> I disabled: 'Wi-Fi Assist' (Settings > Cellular > at the end of App list > Wi-Fi Assist)
, which means telling the phone that when i'm on Wifi don't try to use LTE to improve connection or anything
, i feel it has some improvement

iPhone X iOS 14.6

Lost signal frequently and never have it back automatically. Have to turn on air mode many times, or restart the device to have the signal back.

• iPhone 11 iOS 14.6 lost phone connection and said I needed to perform update, updated but the update didn’t work it froze, restarted my phone, still searching for signal. Got a new sim still nothing, so performed factory setting on phone from computer, now my phone won’t get past the hello stage of set up. It says I need to enter my sim. Don’t know what to do with it now. Help!!!!!

Add a Comment

Updated to 14.6 and now nothing works on my phone at ALL, I can only use WiFi. Does anyone have a fix for this?? I’m soo irritated.

I have the same issue with iPhone XS 14.6 , it worked fine on IOS 14.6 for some time but as of last 2 days , i have no signal whatsoever on my primary (physical sim). However on my eSim with different carrier , it works fine.

The physical sim works fine on an android device.

On the physical sim majority of the time its either searching or "no service"

and say 1% of the time i get the carrier name showing up with no bar , but would go back to "no service" again