iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Just to further update. I have a 12 Pro and I was having an issue since IOS 14 whereby I was losing my data connection sporadically to the network. Once spotted, I had to toggle flight mode to reset. Since I downloaded and installed 14.3 beta, the issue now seems to have been completely resolved. Been more than three days and there has been no repeat of the issue. It was happening a couple of times a day.
thanks for the feedbacky Gary... let’s see if on other devices also solved or not ... this beta 1 is generating controversy as there are people claiming regarding several reboots and locks boh

thanks again
For now, I’ve found out that turning off LTE/4G is the only way I can maintain my signal and data, that means: only 3G.

After changing this, more than one week without loosing the connection.

Once I tried to return the 4G, in less than 10 minutes, the signal and a data were lost again. So, I’ll keep using only 3G to avoid getting more frustrated.

Haven’t tried, yet, to get a new SIM Card on Windtree (Italy) but thinking that this should be a nice try.

Frustrating... 😕
I've been having this issue for a week, i initially thought it was a factory defect, as it only occurred when my phone was was online, sent it to apple, they couldn't fix it (as they also thought it was hardware), they told me to change sims, and it worked for about 18 hours before messing up again, and it worked again after my phone died and i rebooted but, after i tried to change some settings, it messed up again. I have sprint, and it worked for 18 hours with a T-Mobile sim, and then my iPhone started to reboot, and there was some issues after that. Its an iPhone 7

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Aamo Down vote reply of Aamo
I have had this issue for over 2 months and have tried everything. I have an Iphone 8 and it started with the ios 14 update that was automatically downloaded. Although I have it set to not do automatic downloads 🙄.

I check this forum daily for any updates... it has become a nightly routine. I work in an office building with locked wifi so I basically am in a black hole until I go to lunch or get off work. The only outside communication I have are through my email on my computer. Every morning I predownload my podcasts to get me through the 8 hr day. I have not found a single thing that works, but god it is unbelievable that there still isn’t a fix. It has become so frustrating that I’m even used to it now. I am not a person who comments or posts EVER like ever ever. So the fact that I’m taking the time to do this... I can only imagine the amount of people who haven’t commented but check this morning newspaper daily like myself.

The tiny glimmer of hope is that, that user saying the beta 14.3 works, is in fact true. I think I’ll cry the day my phone is fully working again and I don’t ever have to look at this page where I have to read someone comment “toggle airplane mode on and off” again.
I was considering to bring my iPhone for a service check - and actually called 2 certified Apple service providers, but they didn't seem to be aware of the problem... So I became hesitant to get left without my main work phone for like what... 2 weeks?

I now get the problem partially solved by switching to another operator (whose SIM card somehow appears to work).

P.S. I created a Facebook group, named "iOS 14 no service support group" to gather all the people that got affected by the problem - feel free to join. Maybe together we will find a decision different from switching to Android. :)
I am porting my number to another operator as it seems to work fine on the other operator. Not ideal but HAD TO do it, thanks to Apple.
I also am having this same issue.
I have an iPhone 8 and Xfinity Mobile is my cell carrier.
I went into the Xfinity Store today and they told me it was an iOS issue.

I just updated to iOS 14.2 and the issue is still not fixed.

——-Update——-
I just called my VPN and found that my cell data was switched off for my VPN app. When I turned that back on, I gained back my cell data connectivity. Problem solved for me. Hope this helps someone else.

ios 14.3 beta 2

changed sim operator
delete vpn
(toggle on and off)
none of them doesn’t help
whats going on?
what should we do?
we have an unusable iphone now thanks to Apple

Model: iPhone XS Max

Issues since 14.1, currently 14.2:
  1. cellular data: not at all or very slow upload speeds (less than 1 mbs), not at all or sometime good/very download speeds (0 or 250 mbs).

2. calls without wifi calling toggle active can get disconnected during the call or the other person cannot hear me while I can hear that person very well.

Carrier signal is at max level (4 bars) and there are no apparent issues with wifi or bluetooth.

I did everything! Literally check every possible root cause:
  • The carrier:

• Physical sims/ e-sims

• Same sims in samsung worked like a charm

• Different carriers for each sim

• All having the same problem

• The phone:

• More than 5 hours with apple support on the line

• Went through all the steps (up to complete restore) and sent the full 30 mins diagnostics

• Conclusion: no hardware / software problem

• Recommendation: go to an authorized apple service provider

• Did that, but they also didn’t find the problem (unofficial/ personal from them: ios-related)

• Installed the 14.3 beta 1 and 2, same problem

Since not everyone with XS Max is having this issue, I suppose something that I did may have caused this, and I have two things in mind: 1. Phone had ios 14 beta installed since it went public around June. 2. Always had a mdm profile installed for running work-related apps (and yes, of course I removed it when doing the tests).

I really believe this to be an iOS related issue and I hope the engineering team is on top of it.

My phone is fixed now. As previously posted here I sent it in to Apple when I described the issue of “error message” under cell data. They said it’s a defective chip and were aware of the issue. As part of the 4-year repair program they would fix it for a certain batch of phones where the update of 14.1 or 14.2 messed up the cell signal (due to the chip malfunction). It’s been 6 hours now and it’s running smoothly. They gave me a new serial number tor the phone. But on the repair letter they only state they fixed the battery and charger/wire input.
hi guys... I was fighting with the same issues (iPhone XS/iOS 14.2/ Switzerland / no calls/mobile date possible/ NO SERVICE message): I requested a new SIM card from my mobile provider and now I am back to normal "ops" . everything runs smoothly.
I've had four calls with Apple where we've gomne through everything that has been reported here. They are stating they think it's an activation profile issue.

The key thing for them was the DFU did not work after trying with multiple SIMS on multiple hotpsots on multiple laptops. Also being patient appears to be a good idea :)

I have another call arranged for Monday and the expectation is that I will send the iPhone 8 to engineering to look at and probably get a new phone. I brought a reconditioned iPhone X to get me along and I'll end up upgrading another kids phone early.

Rob
After a clean wipe and restore, I get a modem firmware

finally and I get att signal (brand new sim after store visit), works for about 18 hours then tries to update cellular again and I am back where the phone uses WiFi only. I guess I could just continue these long painful restores every 18 hours so I can use my phone as a phone.

I am so sick of apple yall.

i told them to look at this thread and the fool said “oh this thread is only for the iphone 11, you are using iphone x”

This whole ordeal is really pissing me off- I’m REALLY not going to reset my phone every night to only use it 12 hours with signal and back to the same issue.