iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

I am having exactly the same problem with a XR. Tried it with two provider SIMs. Signal comes on for a few mins and then "No service". Both SIMs work fine on an old iPhone 6plus. Tried all avenues from factory reset to airplane mode toggle. Unhappy.
Turning off my phone and then taking the sim card out and putting it back in has worked best for me. Longest I've had service is 24 hours
Facing the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, I do get a 3g full signal displayed but when I try to go to any webpage it says that mobile data could not be activated. Tried everything and it still does not work, will go to my carrier shop to check with them.
It is obscene that Apple has not address this issue yet. It's clearly impacting many thousands of people. I have had the issue on my Iphone XS (once I downloaded IOS 14) and now on my IPhone 12 Pro also. And I've tried absolutely everything but nothing works to remedy. And Apple are just ignoring the issue.
ios 14.2 xsmax - solved by disable VoLTE
ios 13.x was OK
Apple?
It’s finally fixed in the second iteration of iOS 14.2 and 14.3. Check for an update. Make sure u have service before the phone reboots to update the software. After that, most people should be fine at this point going forward me thinks.
Finally I decided to register in order to reply I am following this since long... @Jayfig78 what you mean is fixed and what you mean on 2nd iterarion of 14.2

My return from Android to iOS is being like a contrast between this f**ng problem of connectivyt and how iOS is working... and some tricks and features for the daily usage (and yes I miss some Android features...but both systems have good things and bad things... I am an IT engineer since 24 long and I try to be always objective on this but after using a lot an iPad I decided to go back and I am happy with the decission as interaction between ipad and iphone is very useful)

Getting back to the issue on 14.2 the cellular data loss is not solved..seems happens few times but is not addressed...
In my case it worked with no issues for 2 maybe 3 days..and started again... seems an issues regarding the capabilty to re-register to "anthennas" when losing 4G and trying to go back from 3G to 4G sometimes is not being registered properly..why? I dont know?..apple's fault? it seems yes..but who knows who is not following the "standards" or the best practices... 1 year ago it also happened and apple had to work in team with carriers due to a "bug" on software but related with some anthennas manufactures...what drives me crazy is how a company like Apple may fall again on the same problem..and how are not being able to solve it quickly and recognize that from 13.x -> 14.x something has happened on the baseband firmware...

once said this... anyone suffering the problem and testing the 14.3 Beta 1 (remeber is just first beta...so could bring other bugs) can confirm not after testing just some hours if the data connectivity loss is addressed? (aparently)

Just downloaded IOS 14.3 beta for my iPhone 8.

Made no difference. Still have no call ability, constantly getting Searching. Have now done every 'trick' on here that I've found.

Reset network setting - never works and just hangs. Same on IOS 14.2 and IOS 14.3 Beta
Turn off/on airplane mode - No difference
Turn off/on cellular data - Not an option as its not available
Hard reboot - Done
Take sim out and replaced - Done
Soft reboot - Done
Reset content and data - Done
Turn off/on roaming - Not an option as Mobile data just displays Error

In the mobile data section, I get "Error" displayed.

What annoys me is that my iPhone 7 which was going to my daughter has IOS 14.2 and works fine with the same SIM.

The quality control at Apple has steadily got worse and worse over the years. Its is getting to the stage where I think its more hassle than it's worth. I know Apple has to support lots of phones but they need to get their testing working. They have full control over the iPhone hardware, not 90%, not 99% but 100% so they should be able to write software that works. I can handle issues in IOS such as images or applications not working perfectly, but the iPhone has one main use, making and receiving phone calls. The rest is details.

As I must have a phone, I'll pull the sim and shove it in an Android phone until Apple can release software that fixes the problem.

Rob

For the people who want to have a fix.
I disabled 'VoLTE' as described by other users inside this forum and i have not had the problem since.
You can disable the setting inside settings>Mobile Data>Mobile Data Options>Voice & Data .
This can only be done when 4G is selected.

I'm using a iphone 7 and im still on ios 14.2.
I hope this will help some people.
@maf123

Which only works if mobile data in General works. On my phone and others, mobile data simply has the word error next to it.

Rob
@rwillett

Have you tried a hard reboot? by holding down the lock button and the volume down button.
Your phone might connect again and you will be able to change the setting

I had the same problem with the error in my mobile data menu saying i needed to update my software or my carrier data. The problem usually went away for a while after hard rebooting. Eventually i used DFU mode to reinstall ios 14.2 which still didnt work, but after disabling 'VoLTE' the problem just dissapeared.
I have done everything including reinstalling IOS 14.3 beta.

Reset network setting - never works and just hangs. Same on IOS 14.2 and IOS 14.3 Beta
Turn off/on airplane mode - No difference
Turn off/on cellular data - Not an option as its not available
Hard reboot - Done
Take sim out and replaced - Done
Soft reboot - Done
Reset content and data - Done
Turn off/on roaming - Not an option as Mobile data just displays Error

Nothing is working for me. The sim works in another phone, so thats not it. The iPhone 8 worked fine with 14.1 as well.

I've moved my sim to an Android phone for the moment as I need calls.

Rob
How can this be happening!!!
I am not able to use my iPhone 11 Pro after this software update!!!
This has been the same for the last two weeks.... :-(
Same issue here. I was hoping the last update would have a fix but no such luck.

Its getting really annoying carrying my iphone but not being able to use it until I airplane mode it first then wait 20 seconds for it to refresh.
Same issue. Updated to a new iPhone 11 and installed the 14.2 update. Have been unable to use 4G or even 3G since. Just get “No Service”. Have tried as many fixes as I’ve read in this thread
and none have worked. Severely disappointed, how on Earth is this not fixed yet? Awful.