iOS 14 iPhone folders disappearing

When rearranging the home screen and subsequent pages, folders containing apps will spontaneously vanish, leaving the app icons on the pages. It may be related to widgets moving on the page.
Just had this happen to me. Moved a large widget between pages & the page animation freaked out. Lots more page dots appeared and all the apps from my (only) 4 folders had randomly strewn themselves across 6 pages.

I assumed this had to be an extremely rare bug for it to make it through beta, the public release, & 14.0.1 but apparently (from all the replies here) it is a well known bug.
Had this problem when stacking a widget on my Home Screen - I ended up hiding all the pages with apps, so I now just have widgets and the App Library pages. I’ll let my phone categorize folders now, and save time :)

To hide pages
  • edit the Home Screen (wiggle mode)

• tap the page dots at the bottom

• uncheck all the pages you want to hide (you can always add them back later)

Having the same issue here... I tried to move a double-row sized widget onto my 2nd page of apps and the whole Home Screen edit view just crashed and I got a spinning white wheel on a black background.

When the wheel finished spinning Home Screen layout was destroyed, all folders (except for like 2 randomly) wiped out, and apps now spread out across like 8+ pages when I only had 4 total originally!

Has anyone determined a fix for this yet? I’m thinking about wiping/restoring from a backup, but I just really don’t feel like going thru all that hassle just to get my views back... I feel like maybe this is an Easter Egg bug designed to force power users w/ a lot of apps to use the new App Library lol 😂!
Just happened to me. Went from two pages of nicely sorted apps. To 8 pages of apps sorted in no particular order. This issue needs to be corrected ASAP
Me too, just now. Rather annoying.
I have the same problem. It occurred now three times and I will not use widgets before this is fixed.

I have the same problem after updating to ios14
I have the same problem!!
Fix it please, it's driving me crazy!!
While re-arranging a widget (which is already an awkward experience due to floppy movements), all my grouped apps (except one) got scattered all of a sudden. The apps are ended up getting sorted randomly, actually, some are not fully random. The home screen resembles the iPhone's default, the following several pages are a mess, and the remaining pages are in alphabetical order.

I am an organized person and using many proactivity tools for certain job-related processes. I took all the time needed to fix everything. Then, what? The issue repeated two more times.

I have already regretted upgrading iOS 14 early. I am surprised that many people had reported similar incidents over a month ago during beta versions, and apparently, the issue still has not been fixed.

Bugs can happen but I hope Apple fixes this issue quickly. It is a troubling-user experience and breaking the usability of an expensive device along with trust in the company.
Happened to me too. Some widgets disappeared and every app is out of its folder. It’s a complete and utter mess! 😡
Ugh. Well. If misery loves company...I must be in love... but not with iOS 14. Same problems as reported here... added widgets, lost folders. Rebuilt folders, moved widget - lost folders. Total nightmare given how Much I depend on folders. So disappointed about this... :-(
Have the same problem any solution yet ?
My case is a little bit different a folder vanishes but the name remains and the apps are inside, but it happens randomly.
Hello Widgets. Goodbye FOLDERS?!
Help!
  1. 0.1

I have the same issue, hundreds of apps neatly organized. This is really annoying. Was there a fix already?

This is BY FAR the WORST bug I’ve ever encountered on an iPhone device. Imagine you have years of documents stored in physical filing cabinets and someone came into your office and emptied every cabinet all over the office floor. That’s what this feels like. I don’t even know where to start. It’s a digital disaster area on my iPhone screens at the moment. I’ve never been so mentally affected by a dumb glitch. Especially with all the lost time this has cost me. After carefully organizing and tweaking my widgets locations, the bug literally busted open all my folders spreading apps across 8 screens in no specific order. Also outright removing app icons completely. Are you kidding me?? Great time to start exploring the competition. Steve Jobs would have never let an issue of this magnitude slip passed quality control. Apple is losing its luster.
iOS 14.1 was released minutes ago. Anyone care to upgrade and test if this bug was fixed?
This is a catastrophe. I have had to remake and arrange folders 3x now just today. Im scared to do anything else. Please tell me it’s fixed
https://developer.apple.com/forums/profile/danfratamico

no 14.1 did not fix this

also, Apple Music needs pause, skip, back control. Also more options on what I want to display. Specifically now playing, previous, up next options. Swiping away the up next seems convenir too.

A quick shuffle button would be great but maybe I’m the only one on this

recently added too, so I can select albums I just added
Same issue! Two pages of folders turned into 8 pages of random apps!!
I'm experiencing the same issue. It seems to be tied to moving the widgets around on the home screen. Whenever I move a widget to another screen most, not all, of the folders will disappear.
Same here. So many years of folders and habits wiped out by the careless movement of a widget on screen. Very poor reward for trying out the new features. First the strangulation of iTunes, now this bizarre own goal.
Wow, minutes before a 9 hour road trip, I must have been disinfecting my phone and I look and my pages are all messed up and all the apps have been emptied from their folders in just total randomness because who even knows? I’m so mad. I’ve had those folders for years. I wish I took screenshots of my arrangements.
I’ve lost voice conversations I kept between my father and I. He passed this year. I have a iPhone 6 !
What phone were your files lost on?
Very 😡!!!

I had the same issue unfortunately (along with the disappearing keyboard :-). I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max
I opened Apple Store and searched for one of the installed apps I had in my lost folder - say appX - and clicked Open as if to start using it . Then I just closed it and suddenly my missing folder reappeared with all the other apps in it .

iOS 14 iPhone folders disappearing

Q