watchOS 7 beta 4 battery life

Beta 4 is eating through my battery on my Apple Watch Series 5 Nike Addition. I can not have the always on turned on otherwise the battery drains with in hours. With always on turned off I have about 30% battery life left around 8pm when before beta 4 it would be more around 50%.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing with their Apple Watch and watchOS 7 beta 4?

Replies

Same thing happening to me.
My battery drain is even more extreme. I take the watch off charge when I receive fully charged notification and within 4 hours and 15 minutes, the watch powers off due to dead battery. Apple Watch Series 4.
I am having the same issue. I was hoping that it may have been resolved with beta 5. unfortunately that is not the case. :(

BTW, I have provided feedback to Apple.
Same thing happening with the WatchOS public beta 2 (which I assume corresponds to dev beta 4 or 5). The watch is literally burning through battery. It is hot to the touch. I also notice that Activity monitoring no longer works - does not register any activity. This is on a series 4
Same thing happened with my Series 4. While using developer beta it was going smooth after installing on June 23rd. After installing public beta i hardly got battery backup for 8-10 hrs which i used to get almost 2 days. I tried to return back to developer beta but still same. Battery is draining so fast. Today i installed developer beta 7 in both iphone & watch. But still same.I raised this issue to developer team but no feedback from them after submitting on 20th August. I just left my watch without using this.

Any idea how to resolve this ?
I have the same issue. Watch Series 4 - battery consumption is like crazy.
I had the same terrible battery drain with Watch OS 7 beta 8. In less than an hour after taking it off the charger, my Series 3 would inform me that I had 10% battery left.

However, this last time, I was away from my charger so I kept wearing the watch until it shut down.
When I charged the watch and it restarted, battery drain appeared to return to normal. I've been running now for about 3 hours and I'm still at 92%. fingers crossed
I noticed frequent diagnostic log generation on my AW5, using public release of ios14/watchos7, and dug in. The "heart study" app, which the study has now closed, was throwing tons of errors in watchos7. I've deleted it from the phone/watch, and will see if this changes battery life. If you have the heart study app, check your diagnostics and see if that was causing errors. Errors & crashes cause massive battery drain from what I have read.
I am seeing the same thing with the 7 final version.

It would be 30-40% by the end of the day (10pm), it hit 10% by 3:30pm today after the upgrade yesterday.
I have series 4 which I upgraded to Watch OS 7 public release just today. I charged the watch to 100% at around 1 PM and at 7 PM on same day it is at 38%.

I generally have battery life of more than a day. There must be something wrong with this upgrade.
I put the new OS7 on my Apple watch 5 last night. I got up at 6:00 am and by noon it was 28%. I charged it for an hour and by 6:00 pm it was completely dead. I have only had this watch for 10 months and I could always go all day and still have over 25% battery remaining. I am assuming it has something to do with the new watch face, but I really have no idea. There is no point in even owning it if it is dead when you go to look at the time. This update needs and update ASAP.
I turned off the notifications for the Heart app, and my battery (so far) is now draining normally. There are three options for notifications--high pulse, low pulse, and irregular heart beat. It seems to me that the Heart app, as originally set up, is acting as a Holter monitor, and the average person does not need this level of heart tracking. However, if a user needs the watch to do such tracking, simply turn on the notifications and charge the watch as often as possible.
I also experience this issue last beta and watchos7 both drain my watch series 4 in about 6 hours when it used to last for min of 12. Called Apple care abd they think I need to replace the battery but it’s out of warranty... I kindly said that I don’t believe it’s the battery and to please find out what is causing this issue. I have restarted and link my watch 2 times today I will do one more test tomorrow. The biggest issue if this doesn’t get fix soon I don’t think this is the right company for me. I asked if I can go back to watchOS 6 but they said I can’t go back once watchOS 7 has been installed..... I am all in for improving software but if I’m getting only half of battery time in watch it’s not worth it.
Just adding my comments to this, since WatchOS 7 was installed my Watch is dying in less than half a day. Previously I was ending each day at between 40-50% battery left. But WatchOS 7 (on both my cellular and none cellular Series 4) has done the same thing.

Is it possible to downgrade as it's not usable currently.
Me too, after the update watchos 7 my battery is not good anymore.