Xcode 12 beta 4 can not download and install Symbols for watchOS 7.0 (18R5350e). Failed to download package from ADC.

I just updated to Xcode 12 beta 4, watchOS 7.0 beta 4, iOS 14 beta 4 and Xcode is unable to install a watch extension App for testing. I receive an error stating: "There are no valid accounts registered with Xcode that have the ability to access this resource."

I signed out and back in to my developer account in Xcode preferences, quit Xcode, disconnected and reconnected my iPhone, and also tried to unpair / repair the device with Xcode.

Any help?

Accepted Reply

Confirmation, you got it right!

Working properly under…

macOS Big Sur Version 11.0 Beta (20A5374g),
Xcode Version 12.2 beta (12B5018i) for
Watch Series 5: 'Library > Developer > Xcode > watchOS DeviceSupport > Watch5,2 7.1 (18R5552f)'

Thank you Cupertino, you made my day ;-)

Replies

Could not download and install Symbols for watchOS 7.0 (18R5378a). Failed to download package from ADC.

Domain: DVTDownloadableErrors

Code: -1

Failure Reason: There are no valid accounts registered with Xcode that have the ability to access this resource.

Recovery Suggestion: Contact Apple Developer Program Support to resolve account access issues.
Hello, Cupertino,

I AM VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS!

Sorry, guys, again?

Please confer to my FB8662319.

Workaround for the time being: In your Library, make a copy of the last Debug Symbols directory (if you are lucky and have got one), rename it to the missing Debug Symbols version (e. g. Library > Developer > Xcode > watchOS DeviceSupport > Watch5,2 7.0 (18R5382a), depending on your Watch model).

Good Luck
Confirmation, you got it right!

Working properly under…

macOS Big Sur Version 11.0 Beta (20A5374g),
Xcode Version 12.2 beta (12B5018i) for
Watch Series 5: 'Library > Developer > Xcode > watchOS DeviceSupport > Watch5,2 7.1 (18R5552f)'

Thank you Cupertino, you made my day ;-)
Here we go again…

As always, Debug Symbols are missing for watchOS 7.1 (18R5561e)

Try to spoof the missing directory in you Library.

See you ;-)

PS: Yes, I am fed up, thank you.
Hello, again,

Yes, there ARE spooky things going on in Apple's backend ;-)

These Debug Symbols are now available for watchOS 7.1 (18R5561e) and working properly in Xcode Version 12.2 beta (12B5018i), e. g. on Watch Series 5.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED!

See you
Here we go again:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/664613

PS: Kind regards, please file your own FB on this issue!
I had a very similar issue after installing WatchOS 7.3.2. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the Watch symbols to download. I even raised a TSI. While I was waiting for a response from Apple I tried opening another project and noticed that the symbols were being downloaded successfully. Then when I subsequently opened the project experiencing the issue I found that the symbols were now successfully downloaded! So, if you experience this issue it might be worth checking if it only affects one of your projects.