iOS 14 Error APSTopicListOpportunistic and SIGKILL on background

On my iOS 14 Beta 3 device: I noticed that the TestFlight variant shows on device wakeup randomly the popup "App <my-app> has crashed, send log?". The app uses geofence in background so I tried to debug with Xcode 11, original source code and linked Device Support Files on the device. But each time I bring the app in the background via app switcher, the app is instantly get killed by the os. The device logs showed me the error

Unable to move topic com.example.my-app, This topic was not in the list provided! APSTopicListOpportunistic

I didn't find any results about APSTopicListOpportunistic, does anybody know something about this error? It seems to be related to APNS (by naming), but push notifications work fine and the moment is a bit confusing.

But also warnings about file handles get instantly removed and access to them results in

not an SQLite database: /var/mobile/Containers/Shared/AppGroup/3EAA8534-A594-4852-824B-D2D45C91D80B/default.realm

So I commented out all code in applicationDidEnterBackground that previously invalidated timers, read a value from the realm database and stopped websocket connections. The errors are gone, but the debugger tells that the app gets still killed instantly

Terminated due to signal 9

If it helps applicationWillTerminate is not being called.

On iOS 13 the app was still active in background (verified via debugger), and I could reopen it to wake it up. Now it always gets cold-restarted.

Thanks for your help or if you experience the same issues. Unfortunately I couldn't test if it also occured in previous iOS Beta versions.

Replies

any update for this issue still happen with me
Having same errors. Started with iOS and its crashing my app. App runs well wen starting from Xcode, but when starting from TestFlight (or even from archive) it make this error and app not even working

Same is happening with me It is something related to APNS but cant figure out what exacrtly.