After Installing MacOS Big Sur latest beta update, My mac is showing battery service required warning in battery Icon.

Hi, I installed and update the macOS Big Sur latest available beta and after installation is done, It is showing me battery service required warning in my battery icon, My mac is new and it's been hardly 5-6 months and used casually.
  • Is it the same with macOS Monterey?

Add a Comment

Replies

i have a 2020 macbook bro almost $5,000 in the first two weeks screen cracked because of shity *** design, paid $100 on top of warranty, i get it back, and same shit again except this time, screen display just goes crazy....i cannot afford to give it in for 2-3 weeks again as its my work machine...and now this stupid *** update my battery is on 7%...and stuck there while plugged in and if unplugged dead... BRAND NEW LAPTOP issues....and the damn sales rep lied to me about the warranty when purchasing their brand is going to shit.
bought laptop less than 2 months ago and as soon as I get the update my battery is stuck on 75% if I take the batter adapter out it just switches off! I'm raging
Same issue. At 1%. Won’t charge. Can’t take it off cord or it dies. Total BS. They are crippling productivity. If you look back at the beta(s) over the summer, people were complaining about the same issue. But they released it anyway!!?????? ***?
After installing Big Sur my battery drains very quickly, from 4-6 hours with Catalina to 2-3 hours now. MacBook Air 2014
I have same problem on my macbook pro 13, 2016 with battery draining much faster, within few hours is done... I upgrade to Big Sur yesterday and right after completion the overheating began. Laptop is also very hot. Previusly I had Catalina and didn't have any issue and baterry last much more longer. 

@Apple please help to get this fix
Macbook Pro 2015

Big Sur installed on Friday and the battery drains to 50% in 70 Mins, and overheating as well as extreme RAM usage for small applications.
Same here (MacBook Pro 13' 2019), it's a BIGGG issue.
Same here. Battery life went to 2 hours after update.
Installed Big Sur last night on my 2020 macbook pro 15 inch. Had it at 100% charge this morning upon waking up.

After taking the laptop off the power supply, my battery percentage went from 100% to 75% in a matter of seconds lol. 5 minutes later, here I am at 65% left on my laptop complaining how poorly this Big Sur OS is handling the battery and RAM.

I am now receiving a "Service Recommended" for the power source: Battery. Obviously I am not going to do that, given this is a brand new laptop.

Apple fix your shit.
Same problem here: the more we mention it, the faster we may hope Apple will do something to fix it.
My MacBook is overheating after I downloaded Big Sur yesterday night. The battery empties in no time at all as well.
Same problem here. Installed last 3days ago and my fan is too noise and already done smc reset still i have the same problem and with my battery it drains so fast like full charge it midnight and when i woke up it goes to 75%. Apple needs to fix this.
I'm having the same problem. I updated my MacBook yesterday morning and the battery dies within three hours even if I'm not using it. I can't make it one hour without my battery draining by 50%. Please fix this, Apple.
Same here, I have noticed since d/l Big Sur the battery is draining a lot faster on my recently purchased MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019).
I also had a few other problems which have mainly been sorted since resetting the SMC, i.e. upon opening a web page it always gave the message "you are not connected to the internet" (but I was), and, fingerprint stopped working. The problem with Apple is they obviously don't test rigorously enough before releasing these updates, and, the problem with me is, if it's new I just HAVE to have it, so I go on full steam ahead but I should check forums first to see if there are any problems. DOH!
Post upgrade to Big Sur, my battery draining like anything. It only last less than 4 to 5 hours.
It used to last for more than 10 hours with 10.x.
Please fix it ASAP
This is absolutely not okay! I can not even use my MacBook as a portable device because the battery only lasts for 2-3 hours before I have to charge it again! With Catalina it used to last at least 8-10 hours! This is absolutely crazy! This needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Sorry, I can't take Big Sur seriously.