Changing from Organisation Developer Account to Individual

Hi

I see that it's possible to convert an individual developer account to an organisation account but I am trying to do the reverse.

I joined the Apple Developer programme when I was working as a freelancer (non-IT role) and so set up using my limited company. I now have no use for this company and so have applied to have it struck off, which should happen soon. That means I am not even allowed to use it anymore, which is fine.

The problem I have is that I can see no way to properly delete this unwanted account, even though I haven't renewed the subscription, so it's already expired.

Rather than renew it I want to create my new Individual developer account but when I attempt to do so I'm told "Sorry, you can’t enroll at this time. Your Apple ID is already associated with the Account Holder of a membership."

I cannot remove my Apple ID from the old, lapsed account so can't progress with the signup.

Can anyone suggest a way forward on this? Do I have to create a new Apple ID? Hopefully not because its also the one that I use for all my personal subscriptions, App Store purchases etc.

Thanks.

Robert

Replies

Did you ever resolve your issue? I too want to downsize an organization account to an individual one...