Clock and Weather Widget in iOS 14 beta 3 issues

Having issues with the Clock and Weather Widget in iOS 14 beta 3. The Clock will not tell the correct time and the Weather widget is not showing anything.
  • Edit the widget box, not the clock app. Push the widget box, click edit widget, click the first city name, change the city name to the one you want.

Add a Comment

Replies

same issue. I took out my time/date and weather widget because they kept flickering and glitching.
Simple fix:

Press and hold any app to enter edit Home Screen mode. Tap the Clock widget. Change the location to your city. And boom!
iOS 14.0 (18A373) Clock Widget appears to drift with time. Changing location syncs it up, but will drift off again.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Bw37 Down vote reply of Bw37
Settings then General then Date and time. Uncheck set automatically. Then change the city to sync to to match the widget city. Then change back to set automatically
I am having this same problem on release version of IOS 14. Set clock to my time zone, and the time drifts. Here its 6:37 am, and my clock widget is showing 06:07AM
I have uninstalled, re-installed, and changed time zones, yet it still occurs.
This was super helpful! It worked for me, thank you!
I had the same issue and thought it might be fixed in the 14.0.1 update--it wasn't.
I reset my network settings and that seems to have fixed it.

I take it back--20 minutes later and the widget is wrong again. Ugh.
The simple fix provided by user “Ardell_qa” worked beautifully! Thank you.
My clock was 4 hours out. Used this answer from Ardell_qa and now all sorted.

Edit Home Screen. Tap clock widget. Change city to your location. Sorted.
Sadly, I’ve had this issue and it’s still an on going one. I keep saving my clock as London (UK) time and it always changes to CUP when my phone has been turned off and back on. It’s starting to get annoying as it seems my phone always has a problem with every update, like how my phone no longer wants to charge unless I turn it off and back on, never had this problem up until they recently started throwing all the updates in every week.
Same here. Whatever i do (setting and resetting time zone, auto sync on/off,etc.), problem stays, clock widgets show false time. Iphone 11, IOS 14.1
After setting up your right city. Turn off and restart your iPhone and turn it back on, The widget clock should work by the second hand moving for proof.
I used to have the same problem, all solutions were suggesting to choose the correct city, this never solved my problem.
THE SOLUTION is to turn off 24-Hour Time and use AM/PM instead. Hooray 😃
Let’s go Apple. Can you fix this please? Ever since the widgets came out the clock is wrong. Something needs looking into here. The technique of turning 24 hour clock off seemed to have temporarily fixed it for now. However, this has been the forth or fifth temporary fix that I have accomplished 😂. Thank you👍
I’ve tried the new widget on my iPhone 12 Pro Max & found that you can change the world clock widget countries by holding the widget on home screen. Hold the widget, then go to edit widget then tap on a default country name to replace it with your desired country. Hope it will be fine. Thanks.