Clock and Weather Widget in iOS 14 beta 3 issues

Having issues with the Clock and Weather Widget in iOS 14 beta 3. The Clock will not tell the correct time and the Weather widget is not showing anything.
  • Edit the widget box, not the clock app. Push the widget box, click edit widget, click the first city name, change the city name to the one you want.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello, I was also facing the same issue. I made a clock widget on iOS 14 and it was just blank. But I have found why that might be happening.
  1. If you are connected to a cellular network, switch to WiFi and check again.

2. After this, restart your iPhone and your widget should start working.

It worked for me, I hope this works for you too.
my weather widget is not showing up at all in the add widget section and i have tried restarting my iPhone but it does not seem to be working. I have an iPhone 7
I had the same issue recently after I took an update to IOS14 - actually, I had both of the issues for the weather app reported in this thread (weather app not showing any info, or weather widget gone).

Restarting my phone made the weather widget available again, but currently there are two issues: if I'm using my location, it returns no information. If I select one of my saved locations, it returns information for that location, but the info displayed in the widget is old / inaccurate (which I believe is a third unreported issue). At least selecting the widget takes me to the up to date weather information for my current location at least.

A user suggested resetting my privacy and location data; I tried that, and it still displays old information on the widget, and setting the widget to location still results in no data making it to the app.
I had the same. Both wrong location on the clock app and no weather widget. On the clock app, even when I deleted the stock locations (Cupertino) it always showed up. To fix, I went to clock app, made sure all locations were deleted. Zero locations. Checked back to clock widget, still showed Cupertino. Went back to app. Added Athens, Greece. Went back to widget, still showed only Cupertino. Deleted clock widget from screen. When I re added the clock widget, finally gave me an option to choose locations. Added Athens and finally showed up.

for weather, it was blank. In the weather app, I had current location weather on and a saved location. Once I deleted the saved location and only had the current location active, it finally showed up in the widget.
I had the same issue then i fixed it by uninstalling the whether app then install it again.
I was having issues with clock, news, calendar widgets, app library, etc. and once I reset network settings and it restarted everything started working a lot more smoothly.
Long press the clock widget and it gives ypu 4 options. Chose Edit clock option, it opens a pop up where you can change listed city to your time zone. For example if you are in Bangalore India and if it is not listed then choose Mumbai or New Delhi fron your time zone. The clock will set to the time of your time zone. I observed a lag on time in clock widget though. Mu clock shows a lag of one minute thirty five seconds approximately
Clock widget issue still not fixed in Beta 4. :(
after Trying everything finally I found a solution for weather widget:
  1. Long press weather widget

2. when it shows a drop down menu, click “ edit widget”

3. Choose a location you need instead of “ my location” option.

voila!
Clock is showing wrong time, even if I put my city... why there is no “current location” option? Time is right just after I set it, after awhile it shows wrong time... disappointing
Same issue here
clock without hands
weather isn’t refreshed
iphone 6s
i have same issue on my iphone 8 and on ios 14 (not beta version)
Still an issue. Hope this gets fixed soon. Clock just displays wrong time. iPhone 8 Plus.
Same issue with iOS14 GM release. The clock widget is always outta sync and behind the iPhone time.
Problem with clock widget in iPhone SE 2020
the clock doesn’t show true time