Safari not opening on macOS big sur

I'm using macbook pro 16"
There's a bug related to the Start page, as set in Safari Preferences. To fix:
  1. use a link in some other app (e.g. Notes) to invoke Safari, rather than from the Launchpad or Finder

2. in Safari, Preferences, General - change the HomePage url to something you know works, e.g. the link you used from Notes.

3. Set "New Windows Open With" and "New Tabs Open With" to "HomePage"

This worked for me.

Regards, Michaela
Thank you Michaela

Works now.
Can confirm. macOS 11.0 Beta (20A5323l) -- Safari crashes almost instantly after launch. Solved by removing the offending alias file found in /Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework

Moved the alias file CoreSimulator to the trash. Safari launches without crashing. Put back alias file to referenced location, Safari crashes almost instantly after launch. 

Snippet of Crash Report:
Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: launchpathforuserservice4coresim
Referenced from: /Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/CoreSimulator
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Thank you everyone's participation in this thread.
@Alexrogan, how do i fix the issue, me trying to remove the alias files of CoreSimulator does not stop the crushing of safari.
I have no File „CoreSimulator“

what can I do?
The problem seems to rest with Safari not being able to open it's default "start page" -- which isn't an actual page but generated based on past history in Safari.

Like AncientCoder said -- inserting a link in Notes (you can insert one, try https://www.apple.com/ ) you should right click the link and "Open In..." and then select Safari. This should cause the browser to open (and not crash... wow imagine that!).

Now this is the crucial part! Open the preferences, on the General tab -- change the homepage to a known good website (like apple, see link above). Then change "New tabs open with:" to Homepage, as well as "New windows open with:" and "Safari opens with:" all to "Homepage". Close the Preferences and Safari should work like normal.

Q