Can't distribute app with Xcode 12 or Xcode 11.6

I have an existing app with a target of iOS 13.2. After upgrading to MacOS 11.0 Big Sur, I can't distribute the app using Xcode 11.6 or Xcode 12.

When I attempt to distribute with Xcode 11.6, I get this error: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/650438

When I try to distribute using Xcode 12, I get these errors:
  • App Store Connect Operation Error. Communication error. Please use diagnostic mode to check connectivity. You need to have outbound access to TCP port 443.

• App Store Connect Operation Error. An exception has occurred: java.security.DigestException: partial digests not returned

• App Store Connect Operation Error. Could not connect to Apple's web service.

When I export to distribute manually using Transporter, I get an "Invalid toolchain" error.

Any help would be appreciated ...

Replies

Big Sur is a beta, not an update. Xcode 12 is a beta as well. Devs are obligated to use -only- release tools for submittal to the store.

You will need to use macOS 10.15.5, as an example, with Xcode 11.x, instead.

Also note that Xcode 11.6 being new, might be too new for the store to recognize just yet, so be to safe, try 11.5.

Finally, that project may have flags related to beta tools, so be sure to clean it and build again with release tools before uploading again, don't just grab the last build and go.

Good luck.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT
@KMT this is false... one can no longer log in even on non beta devices so this information is incorrect and unrelated

Having a similar issue on Big Sur where after building my app I get 'Distribute Content' instead of the usual upload options. Tried many different things suggested in forums, but nothing is working yet. Tried XCode 11 too, and even after clean it's still the same. Suspect something has changed with the new build system, as I switched over to it.