Spotlight interface in Big Sur Beta

Hi,

Anyone else not a big fan of the new Spotlight UI in macOS Big Sur Beta?

I found the previous UI a lot more resourceful and information-rich. I know it is still accessible but it's an unnecessary additional click (or option-enter to jump right to it).

Certainly posting this under Feedback Assistant as well but was curious what people thought and if this new UI is better at anything than the previous one.
100% Agree.

i thought the same thing.
Spot on.

In particular, I don't like that there are now two tiers of results, with all of the results I usually want from a spotlight search being hidden behind an extra click.

Makes the whole process exactly 50% as effecient as with the old format.
100% agree. Let's hope they fix it.
Honestly, I consider this a bug.
It's a huge user experience downgrade from Mac OS X Tiger (10.4).
Hopefully they will come around to fixing it.
Same here. I hate so much the new approach that I'm officially back to Alfred as my ubiquitous search method. 😔
Hard to believe it wasn't just in beta version 🤦‍♂️
I hate it. It's the only part of macOS Big Sur that I find is not accommodating for people with accessibility concerns, like, a fair number of people out there that use macOS aren't able to use a mouse, they require moving around with just a keyboard.

Everyone I see on Reddit seems to hate the Spotlight changes too...
This new Spotlight is ridicules. Utterly broken. Spotlight was a WEAPON. It's now a kids water gun. I used to brag about so much about spotlight, and laugh about Windows Search. I can't recognise which is worse now. Why Apple?
When you click on the results you get the preview. That is extremely annoying for people working with keyboard, and shortcuts.
Please, Apple, improve spotlight interface or ask google to provide a nice tool!
The new spotlight is a total failure, now is useless, thank you apple...
100% agree, took it off my menu bar. Apple software gets worse with every new upgrade.
Spotlight interface in Big Sur Beta

Q