Xcode 12 Beta Simulator Runtime not available

I installed Xcode 12 beta 2 and tried to run our xamarin project through Jenkins on Mac OS Catalina. It fails with the below error. When i build the same project from Mac Visual studio, it succeeded without any error.

SplashViewController.storyboard : error : iOS 14.0 (14.0 - 18A5319g) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-14-0 (unavailable, failed to open liblaunchsim.dylib) ==> not available: Error Domain=com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimError Code=401 "The iOS 14.0 simulator runtime is not available." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The iOS 14.0 simulator runtime is not available., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fef8847b520 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=53 "Software caused connection abort" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=XPC error talking to SimLaunchHostService: <error: 0x7fff97d649a0> { count = 1, transaction: 0, voucher = 0x0,_

I also did 'xcrun simctl list' to view the available runtime simulators for Xcode 12 beta.
it shows the below list but fails while building.

== Runtimes ==

iOS 14.0 (14.0 - 18A5319g) -
com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-14-0

tvOS 14.0 (14.0 - 18J5331g) -
com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.tvOS-14-0

watchOS 7.0 (7.0 - 18R5327h) -
com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.watchOS-7-0

== Devices ==

Can anyone help me to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

So I just ran into this problem using jenkins launched as a LaunchDaemon using plist. Turns out the sudo comment from Anders.u lead me to a solution.

running
Code Block
xcrun simctl list
sudo xcrun simctl list

produced 2 different results with sudo simulators unavailable.

I then ran
Code Block
xcrun simctl delete unavailable
sudo xcrun simctl delete unavailable

After that the builds from jenkins ran fine without error.

The issue seems to have been resolved with the Xcode 12.3 release.