Can't update to Big Sur beta 2 on ARM Mac

I installed the Big Sur beta 2 profile on my ARM development Mac, restarted, and it said no updates are available.

I noticed that there was a message I hadn't seen that said something like updates are managed remotely. I thought I would see if changing that helped, but now I get the message:

Unable to check for updates

I tried reinstalling the Big Sur beta 2 profile again, and same error.

I don't see anyway to reenable "Remote management" - whatever that even is.

Replies

I'm having the same issue. Extremely frustrating. I've called Apple Developer Support and Apple Mac Support. Neither one can help me because this product is "too new" or "not a product". I expected we'd get pretty stellar support working on these new ARM Macs. I'm running into a large number of bugs with Big Sur and Xcode, which is making development a challenge. This new beta seems to fix some of them, and I desperately need to install it. However, for three days now I haven't been able to, nor have I been able to figure out why or get any support.

Hopefully we'll get a definitive answer and resolution soon.
I done the same as you.

I've since found out that the externally managed updates label seems to indicate you are part of the beta program.

I seem to have managed to restore this by executing the following in terminal:
sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil fixup

Beta 2 still doesn't show for me though.
Beta 2 for DTK is not available yet.
I also unenrolled and re-enrolled in the beta program to disable and re-enable externally managed updates, and both changes made no difference. Still not seeing Big Sur Beta 2 in Software Update.
I had gathered that a new version wasn't available for the DTK, but it seems like that should have been prominently mentioned in the release notes.
Beta 3 is available now. Note that "check for updates" probably won't work for you - details on the "Universal App Quick Start Program" page at: https://developer.apple.com/download/universal/