Big Sur - Beta 2 - Unable to unlock system preferences as admin

I'm unable to authenticate to escalate system preferences on Beta 2. I can sudo at terminal with same account, authenticate to log in with same account, so I'm positive my credentials are correct.

So far, I've performed upgrades from Beta 1, clean install of Beta 2 on APFS volume in same container as Catalina, and complete wipe of hard disk, clean install of Catalina on one APFS container and clean install of Beta 2 on a different APFS container.

Anyone experience this and have an answer?
I've also noticed TouchID doesn't allow adding a fingerprint. I can authenticate successfully to add a fingerprint, but nothing populates on screen to proceed.

In console, I see the following two errors:

Error Domain=com.apple.LocalAuthentication Code=-1000 "ACMContextCreate failed: -536870181" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=ACMContextCreate failed: -536870181}

error 22:23:43.534189-0400 com.apple.preferences.password.remoteservice (null) failed to initialize: Error Domain=com.apple.LocalAuthentication Code=-1000 "ACMContextCreate failed: -536870181" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=ACMContextCreate failed: -536870181}

As a head's up, I found something a bit similar discussed a few days ago in Beta 1. Looks like an SMC reset did the trick. For those experiencing the behavior:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201295
This is a problem for sure. When this problem happens shutdown your Mac and restart, the password should work in system preferences again.

Touch ID will not work but sudo will work in terminal when you are having the problem.
The answer @kyriaqos has provided saved me and solved my issue. Resetting the SMC is the solution!!! I upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur 11.1 and could log into my account but could not unlock my system preferences. Let's just say there was a bit of panic involved. Not sure how this fits the philosophy of "it just works" but glad someone worked it out! Thanks @kyriaqos.
Big Sur - Beta 2 - Unable to unlock system preferences as admin

Q