Download Failed for Big Sur Beta 2

Wondering if anyone is having the same issue I'm having and/or if anyone would have any idea how to fix this
When I try to install Big Sur Beta 2 I keep getting Download Failed: An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again.

I tried resetting Software Update to non beta then install the beta setting again but that did not help...

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Answered by GoD Brutus in 619606022
Alright so I took a look at this on my side and just doing first aid on the disks doesn't help.

Since I'm not comfortable with changing the startup security to high (it bricked my computer 3 times when I did that during Catalina Beta) I tried something that sounded more safe and doesn't require any changes to your system...

Restart your computer and hold the shift key to boot into safe mode and then start the update from there.

Worked wonders for me with startup security to none...

I'm now on Beta 2 :D
Same error here, on a 2019 16" MBP
hi,
me too same problem no way to solve.

Santi
Getting same error, and also on a 2019 16" MBP.
I think I fixed it, but I don't know exactly what part did the trick:
  1. reboot into recovery

2. first aid on system-disks

3. setting startup security to high

4. restarted into Big Sur and Update runs without any error

Thanks Michis_0806. Reverting to high security startup works for me, too.
Same error on a 2020 Mac mini. I have Big Sur installed on an external hd that I boot to.
Thanks @Santi.Mirenna - that worked for me, too.
Accepted Answer
Alright so I took a look at this on my side and just doing first aid on the disks doesn't help.

Since I'm not comfortable with changing the startup security to high (it bricked my computer 3 times when I did that during Catalina Beta) I tried something that sounded more safe and doesn't require any changes to your system...

Restart your computer and hold the shift key to boot into safe mode and then start the update from there.

Worked wonders for me with startup security to none...

I'm now on Beta 2 :D
I had this issue and needed to enable T2, update then disable it again. If you had this problem please log an issue within feedback assistant to ensure that Apple fixes this issue for the next update.
@tekn0l0gika

Did you try to do the install in safe mode?
I can't get the update to install at all. I'm using the DTK (Apple Silicon) machine, and I'm still stuck on Beta 1!

I keep getting "Download failed\n An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again."

The internet connection is absolutely fine, for what it's worth.

It took me AGES to work out how to boot into Recovery Mode (cmd-R doesn't work any more, you need to shut down fully and then press-and-hold the power button) and then ages again to find Security Utilities.....after all that, it was already on High security! Changing to the next level down has made no difference.

I can't get it to boot into Safe Mode for some reason.
FlyingCodeMonkey - any luck? I'm also on a DTK machine and stuck on beta 1. You helped me boot to the utilities, but I can't find Security (wanted to see it even though you said it didn't help.) Anything!
I solved it by setting the mtu to 1450. For two months I was unable to download the update as soon as the mtu was set, the update was successful.
I was running into the same problem. I have just got my DTK, and wanted to update to Big Sur Beta 6. nothing worked.

It is solved now.

So I have installed the update directly from https://developer.apple.com/download/ . it took long time to install (about an hour ) but now I m running the latest update of Big Sur

I think the developers have put the wrong response in the error block. The response should be 'You are out of DiskSpace. Please remove the unwanted file and apps'. I don't know how much space is required for the update but I just removed some of the files and it worked for me. For me the update size of 3.27 GB (macOS Big Sur 11.1).
The cause of that error in my MBP was free disk space
Download Failed for Big Sur Beta 2

Q