"Other" System Data - 129.03 GB on ios14

After installing iOS 14 beta on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, I saw that there is now 129GB of "other" system data on my phone, which I dont see a way of getting rid of through the phone itself (although Im sure there are 3rd party apps that could).

It basically took up all free space on the phone - there is now only 1GB left of free space.

My question is - is anyone else also seeing this large increase in "Other" system data? This can be found by going to General -> Phone Storage -> Scroll all the way down to bottom where it will list System data and Other data.

Replies

Yes! It's been varying between 90-130GB. Tried connecting it to my PC and doing a sync but that hasn't helped.
iTunes reports 169GB free for me right now, but on the phone it says 236GB used of 256GB.
I'm experiencing the same problem... I upgraded from a 128gb iPhone XR with 105gb free to the new 128gb iPhone 12 Pro. I've attempted to do a device to device transfer, iCloud transfer, and a iTunes backup (old phone) and restore (on new phone). All resulted in all my free space being taken up on a my new phone. I literally went from over 100gigs free on my old phone to under 2gigs free on my new phone without adding any new content. Verizon wasn't able to help nor was Apple support. Apple told me to wait 48 hours to see if it resolves. It hasn't. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Yep!! IPhone13 pro … 128gb storage… the space that “should’ve been” available is taken up by “System Data”. Phone is full, except about 1gb.

Add a Comment