Big Sur and Office applications

I have installed Big Sur and there appears to be an issue with fonts in all the Office applications. All text appears to be missing but if I highlight it and change the font, it displays correctly.

For Outlook, if I hit reply on a message, the text will display.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Replies

Not seeing it in my Outlook here.

I have O365 version 16.40 (fast insider) installed.
I have the latest Fast Insider build of Outlook and I am also having this problem with text being invisible. It is also happening in Excel spreadsheet cells for me.
Also having this font issue with Office 365 16.40 (fast insider) in Outlook and Excel
Solved it for my situation. For me the fix is removing the "Calibri" font, but is only temporarily until Microsoft Office updates...

Big Sur and Microsoft Office Applications, most importantly Outlook:

1. Go to / Show Contents of: Applications > Microsoft Outlook.app > Contents > Resources > Fonts

2. Move Calibri fonts to the Trash

3. Open Font Book

4. Remove all Calibri fonts

5. Restart Outlook

Should be repeated with each MS application...

Hope this helps you, still wondering what a better, more permanent fix will be!

I have been working with MS on this issue and it is being discussed between MS and Apple. The support person I am working with has been able to reproduce each issue discussed here. As soon as they either provide a fix or let me know it will be fixed I will post here.
Installed Big Sur Beta 6 & latest Outlook Beta - still same problem (there are no Arial and Calibri fonts available).

Terrible issue, cannot use Outlook or Excel.
Installed latest Big Sur public beta (20A5364e) and latest Office Fast Insider Outlook 16.42 (20090901). When I open Outlook the icons next to all of my folders are missing. If I collapse and expand the the top level, the icons appear but after restarting the issue happens again.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
https://developer.apple.com/forums/profile/mIIwaukeec@miwaukeec
Thank you so much for the steps you provided.

I can confirm that it worked for me.

Best regards,
Pavlos