UIDocumentPickerViewController export deprecated in iOS 14

What approach should be used instead in iOS 14?

Accepted Reply

Yeah, something weird is going on here. On the Objective-C side I see two initialisers that allow for export:
These are marked as NS_REFINED_FOR_SWIFT, so they’re not directly available to Swift. However, I can’t find the corresponding Swift-specific initialisers.

Ah, some digging reveals that this is a known bug (r. 64441569). These methods were not supposed to be marked as NS_REFINED_FOR_SWIFT. Please retest this with any future Xcode 12 beta seeds that come down the pike.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

UIDocumentPickerViewController isn’t deprecated as a whole. Rather, various init methods have been deprecated in favour of replacemetns that work in terms of the types defined in UniformTypeIdentifiers framework. For example, init(documentTypes:in:) has been deprecated in favour of init(forOpeningContentTypes:asCopy:).

Share and Enjoy

Thanks for the reply! I don't see anything having to do with export in UIDocumentPickerViewController class definition though, so how should the following be done in iOS 14?

UIDocumentPickerViewController(url: exportUrl, in: .exportToService)

Thanks again,

Jim
Yeah, something weird is going on here. On the Objective-C side I see two initialisers that allow for export:
These are marked as NS_REFINED_FOR_SWIFT, so they’re not directly available to Swift. However, I can’t find the corresponding Swift-specific initialisers.

Ah, some digging reveals that this is a known bug (r. 64441569). These methods were not supposed to be marked as NS_REFINED_FOR_SWIFT. Please retest this with any future Xcode 12 beta seeds that come down the pike.

Share and Enjoy

Sweet, thanks for digging into that!
Is there also anywhere a documentation? What is initForOpeningContentTypes: doing, copying or moving?