macOX 10.15.6 Beta (19G46c) WindowServer high CPU

WindowServer CPU hovers at a constant 30-40% with no applications open. Started in macOX 10.15.6 Beta (19G46c). Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

Yep - it's causing frequent beachballs, and right now it's at 90% cpu. I think it's related to the number of spaces and the size of the desktop picture you have / how frequent you switch it.
I have been having this problem for years, it keeps happening. Hundreds and thousands of people have reported this problem.

I'm a bit mystified by the silence from apple on this.

It always flairs up more after OS upgrades, but there is no question that it is a pervasive problem. Hopefully Apple choses to acknowledge it at some point, because I'm not sure how they are ever going to fix it if they don't acknowledge that it's a problem.
Hi Apple Support - do you have any updates on the ongoing problems with high CPU usage that many users experience? Maybe, is there a central website that you have created so that your hundreds and thousands of users that experience this problem have a place to go to to try and figure out the problem? If not, could you please create a page, and gather evidence, and provide some information to your users on this broad, pervasive problem?

Thanks! :-)