DTK Monitor Support (esp LG UltraFine 5K)

Can anyone confirm what displays the DTK will support? The LG 5K seems to technically only support Thunderbolt 3 input, but given its compatibility with the existing iPad Pro which only supports USB-C, I'm curious if the DTK will be similarly compatible in limited resolutions.

Replies

Is there likely to be a software update soon that would enable use of the Apple Thuderbolt Display on the DTK using the Apple Thunderbolt adapter or is this impossible due to the hardware in the new Apple Silicon devices?
For anyone else who's had trouble with the DTK and an HDMI-DVI cable, please file a feedback about it. I did (FB7824785) and they asked for details about the cable. It seems like they're aware of the issue, and more reports might help.
Just thought I'd share my experience. I have two LG 27BK67U 4K 27" monitors. When I plugged in both via USB-C, only one monitor was powered. When I then plugged in the second monitor with HDMI, I got dual 4K displays running well.
I feel your pain. I have been unable to get the DTK and my LG 5K UltraFine (27MD5KL) to work together. Talk about Black Screen of Death.

I got my LG UltraFine 24" (24MD4KL-B) monitor to work by booting the Mac Mini DTK without a monitor attached and then connecting a USB-C cable while the Mini was running. As soon as I connected the USB-C cable, the LG display lit up and I was able to continue setting up the Mini. Before that, when I tried to boot the mini with the LG monitor alreaady connected, it remained black.

Very interesting. I have the same monitor but it remains black no matter what I try. You say "USB-C" cable but I think you just mean a regular Thunderbolt cable from the Mac Mini to the Thunderbolt ports of the LG monitor?
I have Lenovo ThinkVision T32H-20 connected to DTK with USB-C cable. In installation phase it needed couple power on / off for monitor to start working and the screen was newer turned off. But with the latest Big Sur beta 4, monitor works perfectly.
I'm running two Dell monitors on the DTK with beta 5. One is attached to the DTK HDMI port directly and the second is a Dell VGA display from 2004. It is attached with a VGA cable from a Cable Matters HDMI to VGA adapter which in turn is attached to the HDMI port on an OWC USB-C portable dock. Happy to find that it works. I really needed a second monitor to display documentation. I'm really glad my junk drawer paid off once again :)
I am able to drive the LG UltraFine 27MD5KL-B from DTK, but only using the included "USB-C MacBook iPad Pro" cable. The included Thunderbolt cable will not drive the display.