Best way to ask for Camera Permissions in App Clips

Normally, in an app that needs access to the camera, I would:
  1. make a view with some explanation of what the camera is used for, along with a button to ask for permissions.

2. when pressed, this button will bring up the system popup (with another short description) for accepting camera permissions.

But for app clips, should I directly bring up the system popup and skip the view with the explanation? I know that the system popup can contain a description as well, but when it pops up all of a sudden, the user might accidentally click "Don't Allow".

Accepted Reply

Hi ahzzheng!

you can still use your explanation view before requesting camera access in your app clip. Using the same view helps providing a consistent experience between your app and app clip. When user gets your app, the camera permission will be transferred to your app so you don't need to request permission again.

Replies

Hi ahzzheng!

you can still use your explanation view before requesting camera access in your app clip. Using the same view helps providing a consistent experience between your app and app clip. When user gets your app, the camera permission will be transferred to your app so you don't need to request permission again.