Create Multiple App Clips?

In the Configure and link your app clips WWDC session, a situation is described where the same App Clip can handle viewing the menu and placing an order, and also reserving a table.

Wouldn't it make sense to deliver this as two separate App Clip binaries, so the device wouldn't have to download all the code and assets for both experiences when they only need one?

Replies

Hi ReturnZero,

An app can only have one app clip, you won't be able to create more than one app clip for your full app.

However, your user flows sound like something you could offer in one app clip. Note that the 10 MB size limit for app clips refers to the installation size of the app clip, which is large enough for many use cases (smaller is always better) and could be enough for the user flows you're describing. In addition, you could leverage the URL(s) you configure to launch the app clip and make your app clip respond to them so you take the user to the right part of the app clip.

Did that answer your question?

Yes it does, thank you. While I would like the ability to have multiple app clips so I can optimize each one for a specific case, I can see how this would be easier to manage.
Happy to help! 😃