iOS 14 Beta Battery drain on iPhone 6s

I have installed the beta iOS 14 on my iPhone 6s and the battery drains pretty fast
My SE battery was draining fast and heating up as was the one on my friends iPhone 6. We noticed that Siri Suggestions was turned on and as neither of us uses Siri once we disabled everything in that section our battery charges have improved. Must be a glitch in the system
My iPhone 6sPlus was having this same battery drain issue after installing IOS 14.2. I fully charged my phone and went to bed with the battery at 100% and when I woke up in the morning it was down to 1%. I had previously tried all the suggestions offered that I could find in a Google search. I did NOT try to bring my phone back to default factory settings and then have to reload everything on my phone because I did not want to go through all of that. But I think I finally found something that worked.

What I did was I went to Settings, Battery and toggled OFF "Battery Percentage." Then I scrolled down and selected Battery Health, and toggled OFF Optimized Battery Charging. Then I did a hard restart of the phone, went back into the Battery settings again and turned Optimized Battery Charging back ON and Battery Percentage back ON. My battery percentage indicator immediately went from 1% to 79% after that.

I think the upgrade must have caused a glitch with the Battery Health software on the phone and this seemed to fix it. I will know for sure tomorrow morning. If all is still good at that time, I will feel confident that my battery drain problem has been fixed.
Apple is worthless, Apple continues to slow down old phone devices by purposefully rolling out here software updates, Please consider twice before buy apple phone. I have iphone 7 and after the update my phone is slow and the battery sucks.
I have Iphone 10 and downloaded the latest release 14.2 and it is draining my battery 3 or 4 times faster than previous version.

This is deliberate action by Apple to push people off their older phones. If Apple does not fix this, I will move off Iphones and move to Android phone.

This is totally unacceptable behavior from Apple, they did the same when they release IOS 10.0, they drained my Iphone 6.

This must stop, or everyone should boycott Iphone and Apple.
Installed the 14.2 on i6s last night due to some app require newer iOS. Bad mistake, now I simply see the battery drain as crazy. The battery life shows 89% ...but drops 10x quicker with all track ing, background, push, reporting etc. shut off. There need be class action against Apple forcing you upgrade by require new iOS for older iPhone to use App., then kills it with latest iOS.
apple company pls fix this problem, ur updates are mistakable it drained our battery fast.... we are not stupid to upgrade our phone for that reason!!!
purchased my New SE 7 months ago and now after the new IOS 14.2 I'm experiencing battery draining, over heat and it shows my battery health only 90%. I'm very annoyed about this.
Just installed IOS 14.2 & my battery performance has died horribly, my iPhone 6s is draining its battery 10-20 times faster & on re-charge seems again to be noticeably slower to charge.
WT actual F Apple, seriously????
This is a bloody disaster.
Having the same problem with battery on the iPhone 8 and since the software update my phone is glitching and freezing and being unresponsive! The fact my battery literally drops from 30% to 2% in 10 mins is ridiculous it’s not even consistent sometimes it lasts for nearly the day other days I have to charge it 3/4 times and when charging it’s charging so fast as well but then dropping! For the price of Apple you expect so much more ! Even the newer models have the problem sort it out apple !
My dad has an IPhone 7 Plus and since he downloaded 14.2 you can literally watch his battery percentage drop like a countdown... The battery health setting shows his Health App is draining it but when you open it, there’s not even any data to show. Not tracking steps or anything. Tried resetting his phone and it didn’t work. I can’t delete the health app because it’s essential. What a crap show!!! And on Thanksgiving too. Thanks apple!!! 😡😡😡😡 PS: my sons iPod touch is doing the same thing and I just bought it..
Ditto, IPhone SE.

As many have commented, you can literally watch your battery drain in real time after iOS14.2 is installed.

I'm very disappointed, Apple.

As you guys have just lost a pretty major lawsuit due to unethical behaviour, see iOS14.3 as a chance to regain our confidence.

I don't appreciate having my phone deliberately bricked by a company just so I can "upgrade". I would love to buy an iPhone 12ProMax tomorrow, but you know, pandemic cash squeeze and stuff.

Please respect your users.

SURELY your handsomely-paid developers can fix this bug, after so many have suffered?

Apple i am really disappointed. The Battery health of my IPhone XS Max was 96% since I updated on 14.2 it decreased to 89% i mean holy **** literally you are scammers is this a new way or strategy to sale your batteries? I mean watching your phone losing 8 percent battery health in 6 days is insane and heart wrenching i swear . We have spent our hard earned money for your gadgets this doesn’t mean that you start scamming all of us with your new strategies IOS 14.2 sucks ......
I have the same issue with my iPhone 11, how long are we going to have to deal with this??? My phone will also reject chargers, saying this may not be supported and it’s an Apple charger, it’s so frustrating becux I never had a battery issue before!!!
A guy here wrote this, please spread this message! And confirm if it worked for you.

“ My iPhone 6sPlus was having this same battery drain issue after installing IOS 14.2. I fully charged my phone and went to bed with the battery at 100% and when I woke up in the morning it was down to 1%. I had previously tried all the suggestions offered that I could find in a Google search. I did NOT try to bring my phone back to default factory settings and then have to reload everything on my phone because I did not want to go through all of that.  But I think I finally found something that worked.

What I did was I went to Settings, Battery and toggled OFF "Battery Percentage." Then I scrolled down and selected Battery Health, and toggled OFF Optimized Battery Charging. Then I did a hard restart of the phone, went back into the Battery settings again and turned Optimized Battery Charging back ON and Battery Percentage back ON. My battery percentage indicator immediately went from 1% to 79% after that.

I think the upgrade must have caused a glitch with the Battery Health software on the phone and this seemed to fix it. I will know for sure tomorrow morning. If all is still good at that time, I will feel confident that my battery drain problem has been fixed.
Replying to the suggestion below:

"What I did was I went to Settings, Battery and toggled OFF "Battery Percentage." Then I scrolled down and selected Battery Health, and toggled OFF Optimized Battery Charging. Then I did a hard restart of the phone, went back into the Battery settings again and turned Optimized Battery Charging back ON and Battery Percentage back ON. My battery
percentage indicator immediately went from 1% to 79% after that."

I was at 49% battery life (iPhone SE, iOS14.2) before trying this, and when it was completed less than 2 minutes later it had dropped to 41%.

But not giving up, will try again and see if the method works after full charge.

As Apple has suggested a complete wipe as one solution, can anyone report if that solved the iOS14 battery drain issue?

iOS 14 Beta Battery drain on iPhone 6s

Q