iOS 14 Beta Battery drain on iPhone 6s

I have installed the beta iOS 14 on my iPhone 6s and the battery drains pretty fast

Replies

Hello everyone, since i installed an ios 14.2 on my iphone 7 plus with 85% battery capacity i need to charge my phone 2/3 times a day! And am not a heavy user, not using my phone at work only on the breakes.. its just ridiculous Apple!
I own 2 Iphone X's. We had both checked for battery health and replacement when the $29 offer was in place to be told I did not need them. Suddenly after the IOS 14 update the phones do not charge on Apple chargers, no battery life, touch issues and a cute message from Apple under settings/battery regarding service or replacement required. My son's X burned him due to the phone getting hot. I called Apple and spoke to a developer who took all my info and told me to call back in 2 days, Apple would most likely take repair my phones free of charge. 2 days later I spoke with 2 more Apple Developers one informed me he was a Senior Dev and treated me with disrespect and informed me it's just a bad battery and I need to pay for repairs. I did not go to the hospital and was not life threatening issue. No one he knew was having issues with the battery. Really? I was so upset, I had 2 Iphone 6s Plus and Apple said they were defective and I needed to replace the iphones with an upgrade due to battery and touch issues. I then find out Apple intentionally slowed down the batteries. Does this sound familiar. So everyone posting is having the same issues after IOS 14 updates. Does this sound right?
I am seeing the same issue with iOS 14.2 on a 2 year old SE Gen 1 and a 5 year old iPad Air 2. Attempted the Settings sequence (turn off capacity monitoring and charge optimizing, hard restart, turn battery features back on).

Reset did not help. I had all apps closed before the hard restart yet saw battery level drop by 10% within 90 seconds, and a corresponding drop in remaining capacity.

I share the general skepticism about Apple's intentions re: older devices. Why wait for users to replace obsolete but functioning devices (like my 10 year old iPad 2) when you can destroy the battery and force replacement in a few months?
First of all:
Let phone drain battery completely until it’s off ( do this once a month )
Charge before it reaches 20%
Unplug at 80%
Turn off Background App Refresh
Turn off Auto Brightness in Display settings and Accessibility
Turn Off Siri Suggestions
Privacy - Location Off
Keep your brightness very low
Make sure Bluetooth and Mobile data are off
Turn off Exposure Notifications
Just make sure you’re charging your battery properly. You don’t really have to charge it to 100% during the day, you can do that overnight. And you could turn off optimised battery charging of you want to.
Hope this helps!

Same story here on Iphone 8.

Inconsistent battery precentage. Go to sleep at 75%, wake up on 1%. Reboot, back to 45%, drops fast to 35%. Stays on 35% for 1 hour, drops again 12%, ...

I used to have the same issue with my iphone SE back in the days. But not so bad like today with the Iphone 8.
The only good thing is that it only looks like your battery is dead. It's acutally only the battery percentage indicator that is fooling you. This is, what I suspect, only a deceptive trick from the "apple sales machine" to make us buy new phones.

As I heard, they're already convicted for these unethical practices. So this confirms they're still doing this sh*t.
Therefore I take my conclusions and, considering the current ecological challenges we face, decide to never ever buy an Iphone again. They've lost a client, they're not lie awake about it but neither am I. :-)

So long apple!

Ps.: to all the other fellow sufferers here:

I strongly suggest you also think about this and stop supporting companies like this.
This is one of the reasons our planet is getting pushed to its limits. If helping our planet isn't a valid argument for you, then just think about the money they're stealing from you. It's already an overpriced cellphone and on top of that they're deliberately breaking it for you too. Think about your kid taking your expensive Iphone and just smashing it to the ground. What would you do? They're just doing the same.

Sincere greetings

W from Belgium
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of vldr Down vote reply of vldr
I have a iPhone 6s, and had to update to 10.2 due to some apps not updating/ working back in September 2019. My battery immediately lost half of is normal charged life after the update. After turning everything I could off to conserve battery life, also adding low power mode to my main screen to turn on all day, I was able to enjoy my phone with about 65% battery life of what it was before the update.
Now I just got AirPod pros, and had to update to 14.1 to enjoy the functions of the AirPods. Immediately once again my battery life when to shit right after the update. I have to charge my phone 5 times a day, just to get the normal usage that I had prior to the update. I watch my phone battery percentage drop in real-time about a percentage every 20-30seconds!
Hoping the new update 14.2 fixed the issue with battery drainage, I reluctantly did the update. NO LUCK! Same issues, and may actually be worst! This is BS. My battery health says it’s 75%, but 100% changed I can use my phone for 10-15 minutes before it dies. W. T. F Apple!!!!!
Another one affected by this. iPhone SE with totally normal battery life, now it's a miracle if it even gets to half an hour before depleting from 100% charge.

What a ******* disgrace. If this was done on purpose it's downright criminal. I bet you this is happening to just enough few people so it doesn't become a global problem and Apple can get away with it. This needs to be fixed NOW.
I am seeing the same issue with a 6SE after the 14.2 update. This looks suspicious like same tactic used 2 years ago by Apple. But hey let’s blame the consumers rather then fixing crap code designed to push us into a newer model. I recommend Apple upgrades this garbage. Test it on all models still covered under the life cycle. Frankly quit being such condescending jerks.

Meanwhile I AM IN the process of filing a FCC and FTC complaints. Maybe that will get your attention
fcc.gov/consumers/guides/filing-informal-complaint

Since iOS 14.01, 14.1 and 14,2 my iPhone 6s Plus has a heavy battery drain if display is switch on. It gets very hot quickly. Please solve this problem to keep trust in Apple products.
Dear all,
when reporting the battery drain issues, could you please specify if you tried to:
  1. reset the phone and restore a backup?

2. reset the phone and configure it as new device

3. remove and insert again the SIM card (in some threads it is pointed out as a possible solution)?

4. any other procedure?

This would be of great help for anybody to understand if any of the aforementioned methods might work as a (at least partial) solution.
Personally, I downgraded immediately from ios 14.0 to ios 13.7 for the crazy battery drain (1 day battery life with ios 13.7, 4 hours battery life with ios 14.0) and now I was wondering if the situation had improved.

Thanks, best regards
I officially bought a Moto phone just to get away from Apple after this latest issue. I have had it. Disgusted. They will never get another dime from me or my family.
What I think is really disturbing is that these issues are going to impact people with covid in hospitals who can’t necessarily keep their phones/ipads charged constantly, so how can they speak to their families? My phone crashes on calls and is unintelligible on doxy and zoom after the 14.2 update. They know about it, and hospitals are maxed. Using these devices are their (patients/loved ones) only way to communciate. It’s despicable. I’ve replaced mine and my family is about to due to nature of our jobs/personal situations.
I purchased Iphone SE 2020 some 1.5 months ago and after updating to IOS 14 its battery capacity goes down to 98%. just imagine in 1.5 months previously i was using iphone 6 who's battery capacity went down to 99% after 1 year with heavy use... such a poor user experience from apple. When i contacted to apple they told me its normal. Not giving 4 hrs of battery life in 2020 is not normal. Now i have to use my Iphone in lower power mode whole day. am in regret not buying pixel 4a with less price then SE 2020.
Last night, 35% drain during 8 hours in stand by on my one month old iPhone 12.
Charged again to 100%, took it off the charger fully charged to make one phone call that lasted about 2, 3 minutes. And down to 95%!
This is madness. Running 14.3 last beta, but ut was the same in 14.2.
Yes mine too my one and half month old iPhone 11 battery is draining like water and battery health down 2% already and I haven’t yet charged it from 0-100% single time and charge to about 50-60 % only on daily basis still it drained so fast.