Uploading screenshots to App Store Connect fails

Uploading screenshots for an update to my app is consistently failing today. Dragging and dropping the image into the field shows the spinner fill then the image appears. The save button never enables.

If I change some other metadata the save button appears. Clicking it works but then the "uploaded" image has a big red explanation point on it. Hovering the image states IMAGE_TOOL_FAILURE.

Is there anything I can do on my end to get this working or is it a bug in App Store Connect? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of joemasilotti Down vote post of joemasilotti
6.1k views

Replies

Same here. Issue has been reported over 12 months ago and still hasn't been fixed. Apple clearly doesn't care in the slightest.

I uploaded all at once then got the IMAGE_TOOL_FAILURE error on some. It got resolved by me uploading just the ones that failed and it worked. Not sure if that solved it but might be worth the try. I'm sure its a bug and they will fix.

Same issue :(

I manage to overcome this issue by going to "View All Sizes in Media Manager" and remove the failed image one and upload it one buy one.

Same here... When I upload some image and change another image's position, randomely one image is replaced to red box. to safe action, I had to delay at least 30 seconds between each actions. upload, move position, delete red box...

• Thank you!! Finally this worked for me

Add a Comment

I finally manage to upload all screenshots but now I 'm receiving "There are still screenshot uploads in progress." error when I try to submit app for review.

Same issue here!

Same shit. Apple's monopoly on app distribution must be stopped. This is what happens when there is no competition

Temporary solution — change image format to jpg

Same.

: ( Same problem, please help

I had the same issue. What worked for me is to untick the Alpha option on Mac. Open the Image on Mac-> Export -> Remove the Alpha tick -> Save. After that managed to upload them successfully

I run into this today, too. 3 out of 7 of my screenshots failed. Consistently and always the same three.

I tried renaming the file and exporting it as a PNG without the alpha channel, but it didn't work.

What worked was going out of the "Media Manager" page re-uploading only one of the "invalid" screenshots. When I went back to the home page for the app, the screenshot didn't show the IMAGE_TOOL_FAILURE error. I repeated the process for the other two, again by uploading only one via Media Manager and then going out of that page, and it worked.

Go figure...

Having the same issue today in 2022. Only some screenshots appear like this, others are uploaded correctly. Annoying and silly things like this never happen on Google App publishing. No explanation online other than "it's a bug" and this has been reported YEARS ago.

• Experiencing this today as well. Worst possible moment for this to happen.

• Having same issue :/

Add a Comment

Still having the same issue here