Tip for complications not showing up on simulator or device

If you're having problems with your complicaiton showing up, then check what you have set for the Data Source Class in Extension General settings within XCode. Don't be fooled by the dropdown and have the raw filename for your complciation class, it needs have the precursor $(PRODUCT_MODULE_NAME). for it to work.

so

$(PRODUCT_MODULE_NAME).ComplicationController

NOT

ComplicationController

I was fooled in that it was an option in XCode and didn't think anything of it, but this change worked.

Other tips if things still aren't working for you:

Toggle the install the app from the watch using the watch app on the iphone, this will cause the template code to be reapplied.

Clean the project before rebuilding & installing

Ensure you have implemented the correct complication template, some only appear on particular watch faces, and it's not always obvious which is which.

Remove the App from both the iphone and the watch and re-install

Reset content and settings on the watch simulator if you're still having problems

• Thanks this worked. Note it can be found under watch extension target -> Build Settings -> Info.plist Values -> Principal Complication Class

Add a Comment

Replies

Interestingly, this example code on github doesn't have the precursor in its complication class name

https://github.com/andi357/Bummbumm

and it works ok straight out the box.

I'm still having problems viewing my complication but will try you extra tips above.

thanks

nik

Nice find! The Bummbumm repo works out of the box for me as well. Still going through it & other examples to understand complications

Thanks. This is still valid in 2020. The App worked all the years (from the very beginning) and this fix helped now.