Mickey/Minnie Mouse won't say the time

I know this isn't really a big deal but I wanted to show my daughter how Mickey and Minnie Mouse will tell you the time by tapping on them and I cannot get it to work. I cannot get them to say the current time. Anyone else experiencing this issue or know if I'm not doing something?

Replies

I soft reset my iphone then it started to work maybe that will help

Mine has been working for 5 days, and today it randomly just stopped talking. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Mine quit working too, let me know if you figure it out!

Mine won't work either. I tried all of the suggestions so I have no clue what to do. It looks so cute! ]:

Go to My watch app on phone>Sounds @haptics> Tap to speak> on . This is found at the bottom of the page. Also if you have done this try and repair the phone.

Mickey Stopped working but Minnie worked. Tried power cycling watch doesn't work. I then turned off Bluetooth on iPhone and then back on the Mickey started talking again. If this worked for you please rate

I had the same problem with my watch series 2, I fixed it by removing the watch faces that weren't speaking the time and re-added them. Keep in mind that in the settings, you should enable tap to speak time before re-adding the mickey and minnie watch faces.

Hope this helps.

Oh my goodness this is INFURIATING. When my watch first got the update to the latest OS where the mice talked, everything worked fine and they spoke just as they should. Then iOS 10 came about, and when I had my 6s+ the talk feature stopped working. I tried EVERYTHING above, and I don't believe any of that actually made it work. One time, out of the blue, I was switching the watch face and the darn mice started talking again. Then came my 7+ and they stopped talking AND apple pay from my watch stopped working. I fiddled around with the watch and after a ZILLION attempts of resetting, unpairing, turning off and on, etc, the mice started to talk, but apple pay continued to not work. Today, I gave it another go, and lo and behold, apple pay is now working but the flippin' mice stopped talking again!!!!!! I've been messing around with them for the past hour or so and they won't start talking. I'm soooooooooo frustrated. I've done all the above AGAIN and AGAIN and I've changed watch faces and turned the tap to talk on and off and turned mute off and on and then off to NO AVAIL. There needs to be a permanent FIX to this. Grrrrrrrrrrr............

Go to sounds and haptics on My Watch. See if Silent Mode is checked. If checked, uncheck.

Go to sounds and haptic son Apple Watch. If silent mode is checked, uncheck. Does this help?

I had the same issue with my new Series 2 iWatch. It bothered me because that was a feature I likes on my pre original iWatch.

Beats me, but I switched the watch to Airplane mode and back and Mickey and Minnie started talking.

In order for Mickey and Minnie to speak the time, the voices first need to be downloaded to the watch and this can only happen while iPhone is plugged in and connected to WiFi. Also, if your Watch is set to mirror iPhone, double check that Do Not Disturb and Silent Mode are greyed out in the Control Center by swiping up on iPhone. So double check all settings and also make sure that the voices have gotten a chance to download to the watch first. :-)

Peter

I had the same problem, Mickey decided to stop telling the time yesterday for no reason. I tried everything suggested in this thread, unpairing...re-pairing, turning the watch on and off, toggling airplane mode, checking the settings to make sure sound was on, checking the settings to make sure Mickey was supposed to tell the time when double tapped, power cycling my phone, etc. I finally updated the firmware from V3.0 to V3.1 and now Mickey is back telling me the time when he is double tapped. You may want to make sure you have the latest firmware. Happy days again!

Bill

I know this is going to sound extremely basic; but being new to the Apple Watch world, I didn't realize it could be put into silent mode. From the watch screen, swipe up, make sure the silent mode button isn't selected. I tried all these other things before checking the simplest option. Don't be like me XD