App Store not downloading macOS Sierra

I just renewed my Membership on Apples Dev Site, and now I'm trying to update to macOS Sierra - went to the Dev Download Site, redeemed my Download Code via the Download Button and started to download the Update, but had to disconnect my Internet-Cable. But now (of course, after reconnecting the Cable) the download isn't working anymore. I tried to restart my Computer, removed all Caches, even resetted my NVRAM, but I'm still stuck on that:

PS: I am in El Capitan Beta 15G12a

Accepted Reply

Opening App store and clicking download then selecting 'Check for unfinished downloads...' from the store menu fixed it for me.

😁

Replies

Thank you so much!

Me too. I got it installed on my MBP and my Mac Pro is just dying to get some. Had to order a dang USB-C cable to update my Apple TV tomorrow. It never ends.

same here - no download. Tried it on three different machines...

Thank you! Good tip, that has at leasted starting it again! Like many here, after an initial start, I have had '...waiting' all night and 22 hours to download alternatively. Now it has re started and says 16 minutes to go, this with d/l speed available to me of >100 Mb/s. Apple must be using OS X Server and a mac MIni on a dial up modem for the Developer's server! LOL. It is still crawling but it has dropped to 15 minutes in the last ten minutes as opposed to increasing to several hours, so I am hopeful.

Not pulled! Although I was of the same opinion till just now ...

Use the tip to 'Check unfinished downloads' under the App Store menu, mine is now working at last and only 11 minutes to go now 🙂

Check the 'Unfinished Downloads' option ... 🙂

I can download anything but 10.12 Developer Preview, it's horrible and unpleasent.

Sadly, this didn't work for me. I just end up with the endless spinner regardless of what I do.

Try using another developer account. I was unable to download with my corporate account (and I tried the 'Check for unfinished downloads'). Nothing worked. I signed out of hte app store and the apple developer center and signed both in with my personal account (didn't even reboot this time) and now it is downloaded.

Why the "Check Unfinished Downloads" option may have worked momentarily. As others have noted, as of this writing it does not help.

Downloaded 10.12 on iMac without a problem. When downloading on Macbook I choose Download and then it grays out and the circle spins endlessly. Tried restarting, tried logging out of app store and back in, and tried clicking "Check Unfinished Downloads" in variious combinations but each time it simply says all items have been downloaded.

If the servers are overloaded would be nice if an error popped up saying it couldn't connect to the store or something.

Same here, one machine right away downloaded it and is now up on it. Howver, second machine same result and the "correct" answer doesn't work as of this morning still.

Try using another developer account. I was not able to download either, but I switch to another account and it is working. Sign out of both the mac app store and the mac developer center. Sign into both with the new account and redeem + download.

It's nothing to do with servers being overloaded.

Waiting will not make this issue go away, it's the Apple Account that needs attention.

Apple Developer support will issue a new code to redeem.

Do you mean Apple Developer support?

Tried your suggestion and was told that support for developer releases was only handled through the Developer website. I asked if there was anything on my account that would cause a file to be restricted from downloading and was told that everything was fine.

Edit: They also told me to just try again later as the servers are getting hit hard right now.