codesign hangs on 10.11?

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing that calling codesign (manually from Terminal) just hangs (and niot showing a popuop dialofg asking for permission, either).

for example, i'm running

/usr/bin/codesign -v --deep --force --sign "Developer ID Application: MyCompany" "./MyApp.app"

and it just never returns.

• --timestamp=none is generally not a good ID as your signature gets invalid when its signing certificate validity expires! You will not recognize any issue with the signed binary until the end of the validity of the certificate.

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes, I'm seeing this also. The flag --timestamp=none will prevent it from hanging, so it seems to be a problem communicating with the timestamp service.

As a rule I keep --timestamp=non in my OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS for Debug builds, so I don't usually get hit by this. I ran into trouble with hanging codesign on 10.11 with Xcode 7, and it turned out to be related to my enabling the "Address Sanitizer." No time at the moment to look into it further but I thought I'd mention it in case anybody else runs across the problem. Turn Address Santiziing in Diagnostics off in the scheme and try building again...