Why is Xcode asking me to verify my apple ID email address?

When I try to upload a new build to the appstore, instead of fetching the list of teams, I get the following error:

Please verify the email address associated with your Apple ID. Please visit

https://appleid.apple.com.

This was the case last night. The first time I tried to upload a build today, it worked! Now I need to upload a new build, and the same thing is happening? Is this on my end or apple's?

Accepted Reply

Same issue was occuring with me. To fix this I had to remove ALL of my associated accounts through the accounts section of the Xcode preferences + restart Xcode. Then I went to export archive like normal, was prompted to create/add an Apple ID. After adding my account through this flow I was able to get my list of teams and create a build.

Edit: removed unrelated information

Hope this helps!

Replies

I'm seeing the same issue as well.

Me too, i hope this is just a temporary issue. It happened to me only on the late yesterday and today still not working. Do anyone know how to fix??

I am in touch with apple support now, trying to find out what's going on. They have said that so far based on what they know, it should be working. Obviously it is not. I am being escalated.

Same issue was occuring with me. To fix this I had to remove ALL of my associated accounts through the accounts section of the Xcode preferences + restart Xcode. Then I went to export archive like normal, was prompted to create/add an Apple ID. After adding my account through this flow I was able to get my list of teams and create a build.

Edit: removed unrelated information

Hope this helps!

Thanks man. This did the trick. I actually fired up Charles to see if I could figure out what was going on after I started having the issue. And then I aborted that thought because I don't have Java 6 installed, etc. So I don't know if it could be related or not. Thanks again. This is a big help to me.

No problem. The Charles thing was unrelated, so I'm editing my answer to remove it.

Helpfull! Thx

I'm seeing this too - only just started. The big question is why is this happening now - although I'm pleased there is fix even though I have not tried it.

Can Apple please answer why it is happening now ? Thanks.

This is happening again and I tried the solution above. It will let me archive the project but every time I try to run it, even without build, it prompts me for my Apple ID. When I enter the correct Apple ID associated with my developer account it won't accept it.