HioWhy Can I Not Edit My Apps Meta Data (Images/video) Once Submitted?

Hi, So I have just found out that once I submit my app, I can not edit images and video for the in store profile. I am wondering why as it seems a silly law. What if I added a new feature or a major character in a new update??

Shaking head very much.

Accepted Reply

Good luck.

Replies

Be angry with bad developers that tried to cheat users, not Apple.

And it sounds like you are under the impression you can *never* edit the images / video... that's not the case. You can submit new images / video with a new binary. You just can't change the screenshots by themselves. They have to be reviewed along with a specific app binary.

Used to be allowed. Then some developers cheat users by changing screenshot and icon to totally different thing than what their app is.

Often they do this to game the app store - instantly creating fake "clones" of top ranking apps.

Not true.

I set up my app store page, info etc, images etc. I left out a video not thinking it would be an issue to upload later. Since, I have uploaded several binaries in the hope that I couold upload a video. No luck.

The new binaries have been new versions and new build numbers. Nothing is working. When I go to the images, the only option, reaction is the image is opened. No close, no upload new. Nothing.

Its a real ******.

I can understand that, but why are my new versions not allowing.....

Maybe I am ahead of myself. I have another build I just uploaded, my last sat processing for 9 days, before I gave up and uploaded again.

Please, guys wish me luck on this!! LOL

Good luck.

And it sounds like you are under the impression you can never edit the images / video... that's not the case. You can submit new images / video with a new binary. You just can't change the screenshots by themselves. They have to be reviewed along with a specific app binary.

You can find information about what App Information properties are editable, required and localizable on the App Store Connect Help resource