Health app drains battery

Hi all,

I am observing massive battery drain coming from the Health app. I use a number of apps to read and write Health data (My Fitness Pal, Runkeeper, Seven, etc).

I have an Apple Watch paired with this iPhone 6S. Both are running the new betas (iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.2). I noticed that the Activity Health Data has not synced all day...

Settings > Battery > Usage shows that the Health app has spent 22min on screen and has consumed 56% battery.

Has anyone else observed this?

Cheers,

Nick

I have not seen the Health app drain my battery, but in my case, it's the Photos app that is draining my battery. I'm talking, I'll lose 25% battery in 30min. Photos is using 1min on screen, 6.3HOURS in background, consuming 55% of my battery. I had to switch to Low Power Mode to prevent my battery from completely draining. Also, my iPhone 6 will get pretty warm from running. I've tried force-quitting the Photos app, but it still remains to be the battery-hog.

Only used the health app for a min and the battery drained 41%. And the phone heats up like crazy, can't put my other fingers on top of the phone. I hope there is a fix for that next week. Sent the feedback to Apple.

Seeing exactly the same, iPhone 6s+ with apple watch both on latest betas, health app reported as top battery drain since I updated and phone getting super hot!

Yeah mine had worked fine for a few days but all of a sudden the watch stopped syncing Activity with the phone and The Health App is starting to taking up more battery.

I've had the same issues but another app was shown as the battery drainer. Also my iPhone 6s plus got hot. I've tried the usual things like making a reset. Nothing worked. So I did what is usually the last resort: Using iTunes to backup my iPhone, retore it to 9.3 Beta and using the backup to restore the data. After that the iPhone did work as expected. Battary usage is way better - not as good as with 9.2 - and the iPhone does not heat up.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue where the health app is draining my battery and causes the phone to become warm even if I am not using it

Health sensors are designed such a way that they don’t consume much power. Disabling them won’t effect battery life significantly.

Health app drains battery

Q