Salas and Trends data

My app in the top of 100 for 3 days. iTunes connect showing 11 sales. WOW... Is it real? Connect says that data in dashboard correct, so, Where is dashboard?

Accepted Reply

I think that's correct because we're seeing similar numbers. One of our apps was #40 top paid apps and yet it still only made about $60 from that in a day. I think most of the downloads are being driven by current iOS owners who are getting the tvOS version for free. That's driving the rankings up, but not providing any additional revenue.

-Brian

Replies

The dashboard should be the initial page in itunesconnect for the sales and trends (the page with the graph). In which country is your app in the top100?

US

I think that's correct because we're seeing similar numbers. One of our apps was #40 top paid apps and yet it still only made about $60 from that in a day. I think most of the downloads are being driven by current iOS owners who are getting the tvOS version for free. That's driving the rankings up, but not providing any additional revenue.

-Brian

So then the total number of downloads is much higher than sales.. right? I'd love to see a ranking on our app (which is free). Difficult to ascertain how we're doing within our category.

Correct, if your app is a popular iOS app then I would think the ratio of downloads to sales will be extremely one-sided.

-Brian

Similar situation here. My game is under top 100 paid games in Canada and US and still the earning is nothing - only 9 $. It's been only 3 days since release. Does Sales and Trends take time upload the exact data ?