Is iCloud Keychain available on tvOS?

I've setup keychain and got it syncing to two different iOS devices, both logged in with the same apple id, now when I try to access it on an tvOS app I can't. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using https://github.com/kishikawakatsumi/UICKeyChainStoreas a wrapper at the moment so not sure if something has changed between iOS 9 and tvOS 9?

Replies

I'm attempting to do the same (not using UICKeyChainStore) and running into the same issue. My entitlements file etc. are configured correctly (I can use it with another iOS app), but when I try and access an iCloud Keychain item (query includes kSecAttrSynchronizable == kSecAttrSynchronizableAny), I don't get any result. I can see that the item is in iCloud (can verify in Keychain Access on my Mac), but no dice.

Sometime telling: There's no prompt for iCloud Keychain setup initially, and under Settings > Accounts > iCloud, it's very barebones (photo settings, etc.), and where you'd traditionally have a row to manage iCloud Keychain, it is not there.

It'd be nice to know whether or not it'll be there by GM, or if is not planned for this GM.

Considering using icloud keychain myself so this would be great to get an answer on.

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

Could you please share your solution?

Appreciate you help!

Please let us know if you've got an answer to your question. I've searched high and low without finding anything to even suggest that it is not supported so it should be but none of us can get it to work.

I am facing with the same use case as mentioned by @riz. Anyone know the solution?

We just added the following bullet to the list of caveats in kSecAttrSynchronizable to clarify that this is the expected behavior:

You can set the kSecAttrSynchronizable key on tvOS, but tvOS doesn’t synchronize your app’s keychain items through iCloud. Items that you store on tvOS never leave the device where you create them, and items that you store on other devices don’t synchronize to tvOS devices.