"Developer's certificate is no longer valid"

TestFlight is failing to install my app for my external beta testers with the following notification despite the fact that my certificates seem to be in order.
"The app couldn't be installed because the developer's certificate is no longer valid. To resolve the issue, contact the developer."

Why wouldn't archive validation and build submission catch this if this was true?

Replies

The exact same problem I'm having. One of my testers is actually at a conference and is trying to demo the app. What a dissapointment. At this time, I can't even generate certificates in the App portal either. This is extremely frustrating to say the least.

i've the same problem! Why my app pass in the whole process in the submit? I spent 2 days waiting for to try to install, only to see that my app doesn't have

possibility for to install.

Has anyone figure out a solution yet? I'm getting this error with XCode 7.2 and haven't had any luck.

Even I am getting this message in Testflight.

Cross-checked the certiicates and they are not expired.

Do anyone got the solution?

We are seeing this today: both recent internal testers and external testers using a build that has worked fine until now. Certificates are all in order so far as we can tell.

Assume that since the comments dried up last December that this issue was resolved. Please can someone post hints of how/why?

Thanks!

So we rebuilt using fresh certs and profiles. Issue went away.

Grrr... :-(

This occurs to me and a tester using Testflight. I read many pages and forums and I found this solution:

TestFlight fails with the XCode automatic generated profiles starting with "XC.". Create a manual profile for distribution with the App ID in the developer portal if you don't have, and download and install it. Then in XCode open the project and go to Project properties and click the button "All", look the "Provisioning profile" setting in the section Code Signing Identity, and select your custom generated provisioning profile (don't select the automatic XCode generated profile). Then compile your app and archive, when you send the app to iTunes Connect you'll see he is using your good provisioning profile and the app can be installed without problems. I hope works for you.

This was happening to me today when trying to debug and "old" app on my device.

I had imported the developer account before and used daily that account with no problems.

So I discovered that the problem was not the certificate at all.

I just needed to click "download all" in the provisioning profile list of my account, and the error gone away.